Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oto melara

Hi,

Is this weapon like a big machine gun or are they explosive shells?????

http://www.otomelara.it/products/pro...d_naval_medium

Comment

While we're on the topic of Oto Melara, Does the Irish Navy use "Saluting Guns"?

http://www.otomelara.it/products/sch...es_saluting_te

Comment

No.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Why not??
          Were they just a cerimonial thing?
          WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Saluting guns are a ceremonial gun, used by vessels that have no other form of gun capable of firing a single shot salute.

Comment

I remember when JFK turned up, seeing the saluting gun fired on TV. those things are tiny little pop guns.
              If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Yeah, they are the naval equivalent of a starting pistol. The Gns in Dun Looighre however, while still saluting guns, could still do a lot of damage.

Comment

There a saluting guns also in Fort Davis
                  I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Working...
                  X