Photo Op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Op?

For those of you in the Cork area, L.E. Emer is currently in drydock, less rudder and her Prop shaft Pulled. It is a rare opportunity to see this vessel out of the water, and may be the last time Emer visits for routine work like this(though it seems like it was not that long since she was last in).

The ship currently lies in Cork Dockyard, Rushbrooke,Cobh. Stop at the gatehouse on your way in to let the security man know what you are up to. He will appreciate the courtesy.

Remember the Dockyard is a workplace, and a dangerous one at that. Be aware of your own safety if you intend visiting.
    Attached Files

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Super photo Goldie, cheers.
    Cannon to right of them,
    Cannon to left of them,
    Cannon in front of them
    Volley'd and thunder'd;
    Storm'd at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Thats sounds good.
      I'll head down after school tomorrow...Not much chance of seeing anything in this light
      EDIT: I'll post up whatever pics I take
      Last edited by McCarthy; 16 January 2006, 19:06.

Comment

I went down today. she seems to have a new paintjob

Comment

Yeah, Hull is usually done when its in drydock. As long as its still grey on top and red underneath,

Did you get photos?

Comment

I got a few but there was a glare so there not the best. Ill put them up after I get the camera back off my dad

Comment

Im surprised shes in drydock longer than expected, this must mean the goverment arent too bothered about purchasing a new ship and are happy to pour thousands of euro into the P21.

Comment

She was supposed to be out last week but they are having major problems with the propellor shaft. Its not lining up properly

Comment

They often have problems with that. Its a job and a half getting them out, or in. Eithne's on the other hand, will almost fall out once the seal has been broken.

Comment

Working...
                  X