• Show
Clear All

• Open Day - 2006 Naval Base

I Know It Is Early - But's It Called Already

The Open Day At The Naval Base Haulbowline Will Be Held On Sat 26th Aug
    2006 From 11:00 - 16:00 Hrs

This Year The Navy Is Celebreating Its 60th Birthday

From 2006 The Event Will Be Every 2 Years I.e. Next On Will Be 2008

Nice One!, Is there anything special planned?
    I remember last years armed boarding demonstration- that was great.

Comment

I don't remember a boarding demo last year.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we will have the same good weather as last year, and the Eyesore of Irish Steel will be a memory by then.

Any other plans to celebrate the birthday?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Armed boarding...hey guys..we must have been at the wrong open day...the last armed boarding..I saw..i was in it....
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

ah yeah..Im thinking of 2004. I didnt go last year

Comment

dont know what the programme is , but prob will be the same as last year

Comment

Jeez Murph....flashbacks flashbacks?

Comment

Do we bring our own Kosher beef sambos or are they provided , I should be able to make it this time seeing that I am back in the country now .
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Welcome back to to the board Laners.

We had you written off!

Comment

laners: chips agus saus's same as every year - we throught you went back to the usa
                    that was a long move

Comment

2005 Summer Ball

The armed boarding wasn't at the family day but the comissioned officers ball.

The flagship picked up the aristocracy in cork and shipped them downstream.

Then there was a big charade about the key to the Ball had been stolen by insurgents and a team was deployed and successfully retrieved it.

Happy ending ??

blah blah............... The shame of it.

Will keep you posted on plans for this year family day as I hear them
                      As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

There was an armed boarding in 2004..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Nit disputing it just lettin you know what i saw last year
                          As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Well it was caried out..well out of sight of the general public.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Welcome back laners....

Looking forward to meeting all at the open day this year..maybe we could formalise a meeting for all the squids and ex squids when it comes around.

I reckon there are one or two serving squids who want to bash me any way.

SBA..the meet will be held on the flag deck of the first ship tied up along side the oil wharf...and I might even have batteries in the camer a this time.

Goldie..leave the woaman at home this time..far too much of a distraction!

Comment

Working...
                              X