Open Day - 2006 Naval Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers G
    As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Originally posted by armedboarder View Post
      cheers G
      OPEN DAY THIS YEAR IS AUG 23RD SAT AT THE BASE???

SEE YOU THERE

Comment

Indeed.

Will dustmasks be provided?

We must organise this year. I thought being with murph last time would help meet the rest of you. Turned out to be a deterrent.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Right **** ya then...I'll go on my own.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Ah you knows I don't mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Ah you knows I don't mean it.
              pick a time and place to meet lets all try and be there

Comment

the VS tower at 1400....
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

But... the steps...

Comment

Reminder.

Comment

The ONE were out on a day trip on Emer the other day. The bag I brought to work with my stuff in had more sea time than all those old codgers put together.

Comment

Was it a 'Gommel' bag?

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                          Was it a 'Gommel' bag?
                          No, just an old issued one. Handy for the lunch.

Comment

Pretty Poor turnout down there today, due to the truly awful weather. However all those we spoke to were most friendly and informative, and we took one or 2 photos of some of the newer toys. We'll upload them later.

It was great meeting you Marloy, though I got sidelined by another former IMO member.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              Pretty Poor turnout down there today, due to the truly awful weather. However all those we spoke to were most friendly and informative, and we took one or 2 photos of some of the newer toys. We'll upload them later.

It was great meeting you Marloy, though I got sidelined by another former IMO member.
                              no probs goldie no doubt we will have other opportunities

Comment

[QUOTE][Pretty Poor turnout down there today, due to the truly awful weather. However all those we spoke to were most friendly and informative, and we took one or 2 photos of some of the newer toys. We'll upload them later/QUOTE]

I have them uploading as I speak onnce I had resized the first. now avalable follow the link posted

Some of the photos are a specific items and willany quetions aksed in relation to any photo posted.

Thanks to all I met none of which I will name excpet marlor as he is known here.

Made a few historical discoveries possibly still unkown to the NS one of them that i know off more about that latter.

I had a great Chat with LT CDR Rynne..nice bloke, but a lot of artifacts destined for the museum were lost.

He is spefically looking for photos especially of ships cres , recuit classes and course and events and individuals he is willing to accepta anything on offer. I have offered him my own collection in return for what he has .

As soon as I have recieved this I will post tem in gallery for those who may not have ver seen some of these photos.The gunnery bac to day contained various course over the years..all except my own and marloys..
                                interesting enough day if you got access to restricted area, nothing secretive just areas the public you don't see.

All the people we spoke to were unlike the last set of guides.. from the guys on the last week of their gummer shoot who showed us the differences in the new Rhinematals to those who just chatted and told us about current conditions to the L/Com Op who went out of his way to be informative

To Lt Cdr Rynne who gave me an hour of his time a nd then some,

the numbers were low, the displays were limited but well staffed, the weather was awful butthe craic was good and the food was top class.

I met an exer who some will have good memories A/Tel Billy 'Biscuits' Boland who remembers a lot of you and has some great yarns.

We decided on not the usual photos for achange.
                                Last edited by hptmurphy; 24 August 2008, 00:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X