No announcement yet.

Open Day - 2006 Naval Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The launch will be constantly running after 11 so you wont be waiting long.

Comment

Not open to public

I was told yesteray by a leading seaman on a launch that it's not open to the public, only navy personnel and their families and friends

Comment

Yeah. Thats it exactly.

From one of the local Newspapers.

The Naval service is inviting the families of serving members and their friends to an open day at the Naval Base on Saturday the 26th August 2006 from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
        This day promises to be action packed with fun for young and old featuring:
        1.Naval Service unit displays and Photo Exhibition.
        2.Entertainment for Children:- Face Painting, Magic Shows, Puppet show, Bouncing castle.
        3.Boat tours of Harbour.
        4.Guided tours of L.E.Eithne
        5.Guided Heritage tours of the Naval Base.
        6.Music.
        This day follows on from the success of previous years and it is hoped our Guests will gain an understanding of the work that we carry out and an insight into the equipment we use.
        It is an Opportunity for us to demonstrate the depth and variety of skills and technology in use within the Naval Service today.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sorry To dissapoint Moggy...I don't have it...but somebody else on the board does...figure that one out.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

What did everyone think of it anyways?
            Highlight for myself was the band Id say..

Comment

For all the peeps I met.seems to be getting fewer..for all the bastards i still hate...and for the FCA muppet PA's ( sorry love..the bollard was better than you arse..but far less history)

nice memories..horrible histories..i don't think the NS has to put on any displays to those who were there...the memories are still very vivid..its the changes that confuse the old timers.

sorry to say poor as regards to last year..but was far more poignant...thanks to those who tried and were detailed...same old story really..btw to the guy on the weapons stand..I left it as I found it..
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy View Post
                What did everyone think of it anyways?
                Highlight for myself was the band Id say..
                Here they are playing the Tune chosen for the New Naval service Cadetship ad. The tune was selected to reflect the lifestyle the cadet will lead when he or she becomes a Naval officer.:wink:

Performed by the Band of the 1st Southern Brigade.Naval Base, 26-8-2006

Comment

I see that video was taken from the photo tent.
                  Interesting to see the aerial photo of the Island in 1940..no bridge and intact buildings on Rocky Island.

Comment

while watching that vid, was anyone else half expecting Austin Powers to slide out of the side going "groovy baby"......or was that just me?
                    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Open day

Was a very good day, was delighted to get a look around eithne, and have to thank tracey wilkes aswell for the wealth of information that she gave me, Only hting i didnt like, was the food in the quays bar.

Comment

there seemed to ba a lot less displays then last year on the square.
                        Murp laners and laners dad and myself were the only one's there at 14:00 hrs for the meeting - we stayed for 15 mins on the flag deck, bridge etc then legged it -anyone else around???

Comment

Murph and me would have been heading for eithne at about 1405.

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
                            while watching that vid, was anyone else half expecting Austin Powers to slide out of the side going "groovy baby"......or was that just me?

No, it wasn't just you.

Comment

anybody get photos.
                              As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Some in the gallery.

Comment

Working...
                                X