Muskö - Underground Naval Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muskö - Underground Naval Base

Musko is one of the largest underground military facilities in Sweden.
    It´s a navalbase mainly built under a mountain of granite.
    It used to be top secret but after the collapse of the Soviet Union the secrecy is a little bit looser and more and more is revealed of this underground community.

Tender (former Minelayer) HMS Visborg in a drydock

Corvette HMS Sundsvall in a drydock

Corvette HMS Gävle leaving a tunnel

Sure the navy have the same thing under the cliff's in Ardmore.

Comment

Just so Lt McCarthy doesnt take all the credit for this, let me direct you to

"Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

that is the coolest thing ever
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window
          Just so Lt McCarthy doesnt take all the credit for this, let me direct you to

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=65025
          Yeah, sorry I meant to link it.
          My bad.:wink:

Comment

Me likey. Can we get a few lads to start on the cliffs of moher? We should have it complete by the time my 60 ship navy plan comes to fruition

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

It was hardly a secret.

I cant beleive the Ruskies were watching all them ships from there satalites and didnt realise what was happening when they went into the caves. They are hardly that thick, or are they?
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

there was very little they could do, the base is built under a mountain of granite. A nuke probably couldn't touch it.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Hi all
                  Probably used for all those Bond movies, when the bad guy has a secret base with a nuclear missile in a silo or a stolen submarine. Still, cool place. Dont you just love the Hi-Nellies with the baskets for getting around?
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

That chain block and sling look awful dodgy for removing such a big prop in the picture 4th from the bottom.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Nah. They are pulling the shaft. U need the block to take the weight of the prop off the bearings so it'll slide out freely.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Just realised it. Thought the yellow sling was going up ("it was at a funny angle") Got to get some more sleep.
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Fair decent workshop in there, bet that place is fairly self sufficint, some pretty large lathes and are they overhead cranes eswell, some place to work i'd say.
                          What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                          Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

class looking place alright.
                            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Working...
                            X