This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Boarding Team

when finished recruitment training in Hauwlbowline, how does one become a member of the armed boarding team?

You go to a ship, and told "Get your weapon, you are doing an armed boarding".

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Armed Boarding

when im doing my training in Hauwlbowline do i signup for a course to be an armed boarder and can anone on the ship be told to do it? , when you say grab your gun, are you issued with your own weapon, or do you take it from an armoury?

Comment

Ye see now we are entering the realm of operational info. Wait and see.

Comment

armed boarding

ok well tell me this much, the main reason i want to join the navy and have been breaking my bollox training for the fitness test , is to be a member of an armed boarding team, so please at least tell me how you become an armed boarder?

Comment

Why do want to be a member of an armed boarding team? What do you expect to be boarding? Armed boarding are extremely rare.

Comment

Because ive worked in an office or the last three years and want something exciting, even the training would be great, dont get me wrong i'll love all of naval life, but that just really appeals to me, so can you please tell me how one gets onto such a team, is it a choice your given in your training or do you have to apply?

can you please tell me?

Comment

I'm gonna leave this one to those that are, or have been, involved in armed boardings.

Comment

cheers

Ok no problem , ill ring the guy in Hauwlbowline and ask him tommorow he was very helpful today, whats your own rank in the Navy , have you been in it long, seen many places

Comment

I'm a Vice Admiral....

Comment

Originally posted by irldel
                      Because ive worked in an office or the last three years and want something exciting, even the training would be great, dont get me wrong i'll love all of naval life, but that just really appeals to me, so can you please tell me how one gets onto such a team, is it a choice your given in your training or do you have to apply?

can you please tell me?
                      armed boardings are very rare, but obviously for something like that u have to be ready just in case. its a bit like the army training for a section in attack. it might never happen but if it does u need to know what ur doing.
                      i wouldn't advise u to base ur career decision around one little aspect of navy life. i think u will be a bit disappointed. navy life involves long hours of boredom interspersed with moments of excitment (panic).

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                        I'm a Vice Admiral....
                        Cruel man,Cruel

Iridel, if you join the defnce forces expecting it to be all action you are gonna be MAJORLY disappointed.Lots of people have made that mistake.They all end up leaving disillusioned.
                        The ads only show the "exciting "side of df life and thats their purpose as that is what attracts young people to join.Nobody joins cos they want to spend long hours cleaning toilets and mopping out locker rooms(decks etc) .I am not trying to discourage your ambition .Far from it,i encourage it but i do think you may have a slightly skew ways view of military life.Having said that its not your fault if you buy into what you see in magazines ,media etc.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by irldel
                          What makes me think you didn't metion any of this in your interview?

Comment

what makes me think it was pointed out to him in the first place..they do tend to ask why you want to joing...as for a life of excitement..I hope you have a very high boredom thresehold..it ain't all about armed boardings..its about just being there when the rest of the world couldn't give a shite...Reasses you requirements and ask of the life as a whole rather than an aspect of it
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

To be honest, I think you've been sold a pup and IRLDEL is winding posters. English and grammar is too good to be a recruit. Most recruits/potential recruits never call a weapon a weapon, its always a gun. You have to beat it....ahem , train it out of them! Ban him he's only trolling to take the piss.
                              Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Comment

Working...
                              X