Oops!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pod View Post
    Dogwatch- he is an expert in the true meaning!
    Shall I use his reaction?...................... my a~*e!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
      bump..my arse....not the first time.look at emer 's arse sometime
      Best bump ever that one , we got an unexpected 2 or 3 weeks in Liffey Dockyard to repair it . Not so much fun for the non Dub,s onboard though .
      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Now thats a collision.................Zakinthos island, Greece. Vessel hit the island during navigational error at night.

Malacca strait, Malaysia/Singapore roads. ANL Indonesia collided with a Singapore naval ship, which broke in two after the collision. 4 female crewmembers of the RSS Courageous died. 2 officers of the naval ship were justiced for improper navigation however the Singapore authorities claimed against the Dutch shipowner full responsibility of the collision. Meanwhile, the ANL Indonesia has been renamed into Maersk Darwin and operating for Maersk Sealand.

Comment

Thats not really an "oops", more of an "oh ****"

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Photo of a FV gone aground off Dingle a few months back.

Comment

How did the crew get off? Looks tight for a helo.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                How did the crew get off? Looks tight for a helo.
                S-61 helo from Shannon took them off, happened with a french FV a few months previous to that in literally the same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pod View Post
                  Dogwatch- he is an expert in the true meaning!
                  I think Pod is reffering to the vernacular cynically

and "ex"being a has been!

a 'spurt being a drip under pressure'

as bumps go..glad it wasn't my car..all the bumps on that are not cause d by mechaincal failure at a crucial time in trying to get a naval vessel along side..merely by over anxious women with shopping trollies.

In fairness the bump is more cosmectic than anything else...and it hasn't been the first time..sure we all ahve little accidents...and gremlins can lead to some of the worts..lesson to be learned..never put blind faith in the machinery you work with. It was built by humans an so is very fallible.
                  Last edited by hptmurphy; 28 August 2006, 22:47.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

One of the Peacocks in for repair recently.

Comment

What was the cause of that I wonder or was it just fair wear and tear?
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Damage caused going through the lock gate at night in Galway

Comment

Ouch!! Galway can be a bit tricky at times.

Comment

Those pictures look to good to be true....

Comment

Originally posted by Fouga View Post
                              Those pictures look to good to be true....

Why do you say that? Are you suggesting I fake photos?

Comment

Fair wear and tear. When you think of the conditions that they some times work in, or the long times at sea, well, what's a bump or two!
                                Eithne had a large bump on her rear quarter during her harbour trails before hand over to the Naval Service, which resulted in a large section being replaced. A merchant navy captain was 'driving' that day. Whats the big deal? They are working ships after all!
                                Last edited by Test Pilot; 2 October 2007, 20:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X