Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Service MP Section

I noticed an MP Section is after beinr started in the Naval Service ,

1.I have a question will they wear the MP Red beret for every day use I persume they will?

2.Is ther an MP Section in the Air Corp the same or is there Army MP's in Baldonnell?

1.They wear the Naval white top cap with a red band They also wear a Black brassard with MP. Most of them used to be Army MPs. I'll find a photo.

2. I remember reading an article some time ago in an cosantoir that mentioned the air Corps had absorbed the Army MP unit into the air corps.
    Attached Files

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The Company Commanders of the 3 PDF MP Coys are Assistant Provost Marshals. Similar appointments have been made in the AC and NS. So there are now AC MPs and NS MPs.

Comment

Vacancies

They are talking about inviting applications to fill newly established vacancies, all NCO appts. Training in the MP school DFTC.
        As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

They also wear a Black brassard with MP
          When was "PA" replaced with "MP" for non-overseas Units?

Comment

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum rank needed to serve in the NSMP section?

Is it Leading Seaman (Naval equivalent of an Army Cpl)? Or higher?

The rank markings in Goldie's pic above are a bit blurred, but as far as I can make out, this gent is a PO...
            Last edited by FMolloy; 26 September 2006, 14:06.
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Do they not just do a probationers course, get their brains removed and the become pa cpls because they couldn't hack their own units?

Thats how it used to be anyway

Comment

Dont know for sure but the ballhop is............... The new orginisation will be open up to and including LS. A/Sea will be trained and will qualify only on completion of DFTCMPS NCO training.
                As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Pretty much like the army, then. Ptes who complete a probationers cse are promoted Cpl.
                  An LS wears one of those bobble hats do they not?
                  An army Cpl wears a beret with SD1, a PA Cpl wears a peaked cap.

Comment

Originally posted by dahamster View Post
                    Do they not just do a probationers course, get their brains removed and the become pa cpls because they couldn't hack their own units?

Thats how it used to be anyway
                    they also get approx 3-4grand extra in duty money and tech pay a year..so I would say thats using their Brain....Don't You?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_army01 View Post
                      they also get approx 3-4grand extra in duty money and tech pay a year..so I would say thats using their Brain....Don't You?
                      what group of tech pay are they on?

Comment

what group of tech pay are they on?

Tech 2..

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_army01 View Post
                          Tech 2..
                          tech 2 :you can read and write
                          tech 6 : you can use your brain effectively:wink:

Comment

tech 2 :you can read and write
                            tech 6 : you can use your brain effectively:wink:

so your tech 6 yea?

Comment

nope, are you a pa, if you are don't take it so personally.Sure I was only joking, I have served with some great (and intelligent) guys in the pa's and they could take a joke

Comment

Working...
                              X