Heads up ! - The Navy RTE 1 Monday 7.30pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up ! - The Navy RTE 1 Monday 7.30pm

Just thought you would like to know folks that rte has comissioned a 3 part documentary series on the navy .It is due to be screened in the autumn.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Cheers iPod
    As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Very Good. It will probably be about The Argentina Deployment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt McCarthy
        Very Good. It will probably be about The Argentina Deployment.

Nice One

Comment

Good stuff ! .......about time too!!
          IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

there was a tv crew out on Roisin during manouveres workup with Niamh last week. they did an interview with FOCNS last wednesday morning after their trip. Im not 100% but i think they went back out on Roisin for more filming.

Comment

fly on the wall

i hear its a fly on the walls doc about life on L.E Roisin something like the one done last year on the H.M.S Chatam was it? ,should be good if it actually turns out to be fly on wall or totally staged to suit the officers as usual

Comment

Its mainly about life at sea on a routine fisheries patrol.
                Theres crewmember interviews and at home with one too. Should be fun.
                As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Keep us informed anyway, if a definite date for the screening of this comes up,
                  would be interesting to see how the NS lives and works at the pointy end...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Whats the best way to see this if you don't have access to RTE?

Comment

lets just say that i find it very hard to believe there will be many interviews with the bods on board as usual officers will be stuck in it every where and the home visit will an officer as well sure dont you all know they do everything at sea and we stay in the bunk
                      "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

You never saw the documentary of the Crew of Niamh on their way to Hong Kong then?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The PO/Commop is the one who is filmed leaving his family & home, sparky. Would hope you'd stop using the term 'bod', it's actually quite derogatory.
                          Last edited by Dogwatch; 22 July 2006, 16:59.

Comment

The PO/Commop is the one who is filmed leaving his family & home, sparky. Would hope you'd stop using the term 'bod', it's actually quite derogatory.
                            Spent a long time in the place dogwatch and what ever the terms is thought of anywhere else in the navy it aint
                            Last edited by sparky; 26 July 2006, 21:09.
                            "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

I'd be very careful about making such statements sparky unless you are willing to back them up in a court.

This is not the place for point scoring or gossiping.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X