X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
    Here you go! August 1987 on the Blaskets.
    Most excellent T.P.

It`s funny when you see photos such as this how the memories come flooding back & it seems just like yesterday . And even things that you seem to have forgotten come back to you .

Please keep it up ......... I like ......

Leave a comment:

• Test Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
    Yeah I couldn`t forget them 2
    Did my ships diver course with them
    Did the SAR course with KM
    See if you can find photo would love to see it
    Here you go! August 1987 on the Blaskets.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Yes , you are quite correct. The Divers were KM and B C. I took the picture from the Blasket itself. I recall the dive team was there for quite some time and had taken over one of the old cottages on the Island as a base.

One 'talented' guy PG, painted a mural over the fireplace. I took a picture of it about a year later.

I'll see if I can fine it!
    Yeah I couldn`t forget them 2
    Did my ships diver course with them
    Did the SAR course with KM
    See if you can find photo would love to see it

Leave a comment:

• Test Pilot
    replied
    Spot on Mick Boyle
    When some-one says it then I remember

About pic
    I could be totally wrong but that never stopped me
    In the early 80`s a garda was diving with a civie diving club
    they came upon a wreck WW1 if memories serve me
    While exploring same noticed a lot of shells on the sea bed ( the bang your dead type )
    They got out of there & reported same
    The diving unit was sent there to blow it all up
    Can you remember what ship you took photo from as I seem to remember 2 ships being sent with divers ( Emer & Aoife )
    Just remember there being a lot of divers present as we had to map out & locate wreck &
    all shells
    Its the blue box that makes me think of this as we used something like that for carrying detonators & fuses ect,ect.
    Yes , you are quite correct. The Divers were KM and B C. I took the picture from the Blasket itself. I recall the dive team was there for quite some time and had taken over one of the old cottages on the Island as a base.

One 'talented' guy PG, painted a mural over the fireplace. I took a picture of it about a year later.

I'll see if I can fine it!

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    The Pub Grub sign was hanging outside the Daniel O Connell pub O Connell Street Dublin . It just fell into my arms as I passed under it , how could that happen ?

**** me..another sign......trend setters

Leave a comment:

• Jolly_Jack
    replied
    Wreck of the Querba

Spot on Mick Boyle

Querba

Diving ops circa 88/89/90.

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Now I recall something. I had a Nikon underwater camera for the trip Nikonis 5 ? Oh yes, the EO was Mick Boyle.

Would you know any thing about this pic?
    Spot on Mick Boyle
    When some-one says it then I remember

About pic
    I could be totally wrong but that never stopped me
    While exploring same noticed a lot of shells on the sea bed ( the bang your dead type )
    They got out of there & reported same
    The diving unit was sent there to blow it all up
    Can you remember what ship you took photo from as I seem to remember 2 ships being sent with divers ( Emer & Aoife )
    Just remember there being a lot of divers present as we had to map out & locate wreck &
    all shells
    Its the blue box that makes me think of this as we used something like that for carrying detonators & fuses ect,ect.

Leave a comment:

• Sluggie
    replied
    Now I recall something. I had a Nikon underwater camera for the trip Nikonis 5 ? Oh yes, the EO was Mick Boyle.

"Would you like to buy a bit of carpet boss?"

Leave a comment:

• Test Pilot
    replied
    You gave it to me
    Got the whole set , you got them developed in Boston in Photo Quick film labs
    129 Pearl St & 45 Union St Boston
    At this moment you`re thinking " my god but his memory is good " :confused:

Not really just still have the sleeve they came in

Remember we dived in 2 groups , I dived in the first you in the second hence have no photos of me or 1st group , just you , A.K. & C.M. & Engineering officer whose name I cannot remember

Attached Files
    Last edited by Test Pilot; 30 July 2009, 19:10.

Leave a comment:

• Laners
    replied
    The Pub Grub sign was hanging outside the Daniel O Connell pub O Connell Street Dublin . It just fell into my arms as I passed under it , how could that happen ? .

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Bloody Hell, Damo! Just seen it. Where did you get that?
    You gave it to me
    Got the whole set , you got them developed in Boston in Photo Quick film labs
    129 Pearl St & 45 Union St Boston
    At this moment you`re thinking " my god but his memory is good " :confused:

Not really just still have the sleeve they came in

Remember we dived in 2 groups , I dived in the first you in the second hence have no photos of me or 1st group , just you , A.K. & C.M. & Engineering officer whose name I cannot remember

Leave a comment:

• Test Pilot
    replied
    Keep what going ? :confused:

Guess who ?????????? :wink:
    Bloody Hell, Damo! Just seen it. Where did you get that?

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    What was the resteraunt/Cafe we used to frquent just down the street from the Harp Bar?

the had a sandwich board type sign out side the door. 'Able' and another I can't remember whom liberated it one night abd carried it down the south city quays to ship the ship. Left it at the gangway and was still there the next morning when the skipper arrived back.Later was deposited in Dublin harbour to get rid of the evidence.

Picture the scene..I'm on QM and all I can hear is cle..deas .. cle... deas... cle..stad....suihgih airm.!.and the two boys drop the sign and scurry up the gangway ,full to the gills, giggling away. Drill was perfect !
    Another sign that found a home on Eithne
    Also the Rec space bar I remember the day the chippy made it & the wink and nod system that said " we need glasses for this thing " & hey presto after a night ashore glasses just like magic appeared there
    Aren`t miracles wonderful
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    What was the resteraunt/Cafe we used to frquent just down the street from the Harp Bar?

the had a sandwich board type sign out side the door. 'Able' and another I can't remember whom liberated it one night abd carried it down the south city quays to ship the ship. Left it at the gangway and was still there the next morning when the skipper arrived back.Later was deposited in Dublin harbour to get rid of the evidence.

Picture the scene..I'm on QM and all I can hear is cle..deas .. cle... deas... cle..stad....suihgih airm.!.and the two boys drop the sign and scurry up the gangway ,full to the gills, giggling away. Drill was perfect !

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post

Damo remember the night we were on duty for Frankie Troys fiftieth birthday and the ceremonial life buoy fell over the side and we gave an hour trying to fish it out using heaving lines...just as his guest were leaving..you were DPO the same night..I was on QM..the buoy was caught betwee the ships side and the quay wall in the basin, took people ages to figure out why its was avery distinct oval sahpe the next day!
    I do indeed
    Not the only night , remember one night in Dun Laoughaire when a certain L/Tel after a skinful of beer wanted to see how far he could throw it across the harbour.
    The abuse that thing got over the years , beggers belief.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X