Aoife 1982 some memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeeHotelFoxtrot View Post
    Ha, I totally have two of those mugs in my cupboard. I always use them. Never got one off any other ship though.
    Feck it! I've none!

Comment

Removed by Owner
      Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 10:25. Reason: Removed by Owner

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF View Post
        I remember when these mugs first appeared. Everyone laughed. But today 25 years on their sentimental value makes them valuable and I would rather guess that the people who sailed on the ships who had these mugs would like very much to own one.

May be some Business Tycoon could get a memorabilia thing going.

AlanF
        as they say in thailand I give you five dollar for mug

Comment

Originally posted by darkvader View Post
          what a trip ? is there any more photos out there of the trip
          Darkvader
          Stand by One! I have to dig them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
            Hallo Gents, I just recently joined the forum when I spotted this thread, with regards the Aoife, I believe she was scheduled to make a courtesy visit to the Romanian Port of Constansa, on the Black Sea last year, I was sent an invite to my home in Transylvania being ex-Defence Forces to go and visit the ship and meet the crew, from the Irish Embassy in Bucharest, I live on the west side of the country so its about 18 - 24 hours to go by train from my home to Constansa, at the last minute, about an hour before I headed for the train, I was contacted to say the visit had been cancelled unexpectedly, seems there was a rumour going around on the net that the Turkish would not let the ship sail in their waters through the Bosperous as no application had been made!!!
            So they had to spend an extra week in Malta!!
            Does anybody know if the ship will make an attempt this year (2008) hopefully with all the correct paperwork and red-tape sorted

Connaught Stranger, In Transylvania, where the Garlic Roses Grow!!
            Could start a ballhop - add in a few other countries

Comment

Some of Moggy's hang outs and crew!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeHotelFoxtrot View Post
                Ha, I totally have two of those mugs in my cupboard. I always use them. Never got one off any other ship though.
                Ah, found it! here is my cup!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                  Some of Moggy's hang outs and crew!
                  Holy jeez, the old Hagenuk gear and the telex machine. I was on Aoife for their half life refit in 96 or so...two weeks left after six months of a refit and all we had in the MCO was a bench and the two EIYM wooden blocks for either side of the portholes! We actually went out on a day trip on trials with just a new Skanti VHF and a 77 set.

Comment

Working...
                  X