No announcement yet.

Let the Stories Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, hard to make a start on the book as its fiction. Will have a go later.
    By the way, Murph, - Gary who?

Comment

gary glitter

Comment

GR ..your toilet habits and my taste in music are hardly equitable.....

TP lol even you aren't that old try google
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

friend of mine in a unmarked garda car. with on board camera.
          not quick enough a the green light. car behind flashes light /horn etc
          top of the range car over takes garda car. rolls down window and give the one finger salute as you do to slow cars. break next red light, undertakes on a moterway.

and to top it all off, uses hard shoulder to get pass traffic hold up

stop car

wait for it

pissed , no driving lience , daddies car, 16 years old

parents say it was not their son driving, report it stolen

Choice
          1 continue to say car is stolen, kid done for robbing
          2.withdrawn report, waste garda time etc

The best thing is that they had the best legal man money could buy
          parents shown video, legal man breaks down in tears with laughter.
          after family for 10 mins keep saying is not my son that could have done that.
          good school, upbringing and the rest of the shite
          hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Comment

Hi CIA
            Avariation on the it-couldn't-have-been-our-son-wot-dunnit theme; my brother and his friend were walking home after being out for a quiet few sociables when they were jumped by five yobs, who put the brother's friend into a coma and gave my brother a good hiding.Fortunately, other citizens intervened and chased off the scumbags and gave very good descriptions to the gardai.All five were caught and fessed up after the usual initial period of denial.three of the five sets of parents flatly denied that their sons had been involved, despite the sons admitting being involved to the Gardai.eventually, it was down to one mother, who swore blind that her Johnny had nothin' to do with it, despite witnesses and the corroboration of the son himself.In the end, the boy in the coma came out of it unharmed and no charges were ever laid.
            regards
            GttC

Comment

Jaysus lads, what does this have to do with the naval service?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                Hi CIA
                Avariation on the it-couldn't-have-been-our-son-wot-dunnit theme; my brother and his friend were walking home after being out for a quiet few sociables when they were jumped by five yobs, who put the brother's friend into a coma and gave my brother a good hiding.Fortunately, other citizens intervened and chased off the scumbags and gave very good descriptions to the gardai.All five were caught and fessed up after the usual initial period of denial.three of the five sets of parents flatly denied that their sons had been involved, despite the sons admitting being involved to the Gardai.eventually, it was down to one mother, who swore blind that her Johnny had nothin' to do with it, despite witnesses and the corroboration of the son himself.In the end, the boy in the coma came out of it unharmed and no charges were ever laid.
                regards
                GttC
                no more voilent stories we are a peaceful bunch,, try beebo lads

Comment

How about a seaman off Aoife falling asleep in the little park at the top of the pier in Dun Laoire only to awaken with a "homer sexual" feeling his leg up. He chased him right down the quay wall and where did the "homer" run only right up the gangway looking for help from the guy chasing him. Man, did he get a shock when the seaman walked up the gangway after him!

Comment

About 10 years ago.....

I was crew on one of a pair of 18' boats entering Belfast harbour via the channel at about 4am. Dark.

We were doing about 20 knots, and were in no hurry to get in. Very correctly on the starboard side of the channel, and keeping a watch out for shipping.

I noticed what at first appeared to be a green orb, then a red orb, flying through the sky a few hundred meters behind us. Whats that, thinks Spider. A helicopter ? Aeroplane ?

Then the penny dropped. It was a certain high speed ferry (no names).

And it was going very, very fast.

Brown trouser time.

But no problem we decide, just open up the throttle and we'll motor in well ahead of it.

As briefed, on passing a certain marker, I switched my handheld VHF onto the harbour working channel, normally quiet at this time.

Not tonight.

" Belfast Harbour this is ****, I have no idea who these idiots are, but they are zig-zagging in front of my vessel, and we have just performed a crash stop in the channel ".

Swiftly followed by " ***** **, get out of the way of the **** ".

Well we were'nt in his way. Apparently, his radar was showing the Captain that we were zig-zagging in front of him. We were'nt, apparently the radar was showing false images, possibly caused by our speed,formation and (the radar beams) bouncing off the very large markers ? No idea (any radar experts ?), but not his fault, and not ours.

Thank goodness no-one was hurt.
                    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Removed by Owner
                      Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:27. Reason: Removed by Owner

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF View Post
                        We came across the same vessel 2 months later, but this time the vessels skipper had the boarding hatch open to allow us a more conventional boarding.
                        My self and a realy good guy, PH, did a lot of the boardings for about two years. We pioneered the methods for boarding the different trawlers.

The hardest were the long liners, as they had steep high sides all round, with only a small hatch on the fwd. st.bd side, where the 'long line' ran out up to two miles long.

Most of the boardings were done at night, and it normally consisted of two boarding guys, rib coxn and boat man. In those days, surprise was everything - get the log book before the skipper could alter it.

We really had a 'slik' operation going here. Identify the vessel, and decide to go for the kill, a final radio transmission - 'Sierra Mike', a tap on the coxn's shoulder, an indication by hand and we were off at full belt. (some times you could not talk to the crew as the wind conditions would drown out all communication).

The coxn would position himself so that he could go at fastest speed possible, at an angle of 45 deg. towards the hatch. The two boarding guys would move to the bow and hang on to each other and the rib, with the boat man behind us, as we closed the vessel. The rib would strike the vessel at full speed, the front of the rib would 'crumlpe' to absorb the shock, the momentum would carry us in through the hatch and on to the work deck. The rib meanwhile would bounce away at another 45 deg, without damage.

From there on it was fastest way possible to the bridge. The work deck crews never gave us any bother as they were usually totally surprised and stunned. On occasion a skipper might run round to lock doors and windows to prevent access to the wheelhouse. One skipper, once tore the page from his 'rough log' and tried to eat it. This was recovered and used in evidence against him!

On another occasion the watch keeper grabbed the log and ran down to the skippers cabin to have it altered. We kicked in the door (as they would not open it) and found the skipper in a naked state just out of the bunk trying to alter the log. He too was arrested.

While all this was going on the ship would be a few miles away so as not to give our position away to the fishing vessels. And as I said before, some of our skippers never saw what went on, on board these ships.

I must say, we never experienced bad feeling towards us having made an arrest. We could spend up to two days on board the arrested vessel while taking her to port, but once the shock of the arrest had passed, the crews were usually very good to us. That goes for Spanish, french and Irish.

Great days!

Attached: boarding party on Spanish trawler, from those days.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Test Pilot; 3 January 2008, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                          The rib would strike the vessel at full speed, the front of the rib would 'crumlpe' to absorb the shock, the momentum would carry us in through the hatch and on to the work deck.
                          If I saw that in a film I'd never believe people would actually do that....fair dues!!
                          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                            If I saw that in a film I'd never believe people would actually do that....fair dues!!
                            Thanks

Comment

please do not get a job with a ferry compnay, i hate to see you putting the ferry into hollyhead, using those methods
                              hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Comment

It would get the cars unloaded much faster...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X