X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Stories Begin

Removed by Owner
    Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:26. Reason: Removed by Owner

Guy on look out the port bridge wing singing away to himself ..nice dark nite very quiet was ina world of his won...total safe in his ming,,,the standby man exits the bridge through the other door creeps around to the side where the look out is,,graps him by the anle and screams omething....

lookout shakes out and has to be relived from duty
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I was on QM on 12-4 and decide to give the sentry on the bridge alittle fight.

Ip the passage waist, climb on to the gun deck..up on the ammo hoist ..up the ladder to the rails under the bridge window ..quick .. he's in the capatains chair.. so back down palce torch undr chi pops up again to frighten the shite out of the sentry to find my self looking down the barrel of an FN..nearly fell off the walkway to the deck beloow.. Cullinane ya bastard you could nave killed me!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Gawd here we go now,stories !

Went on board an Irish trawler one night while on fishery protection patrol about 150 miles off the sw coast. The trawler was known to us and was above board, according to our records. But we were just putting in the time.

When I went to the bridge, the nets had been shot and the vessel was on auto pilot and heading west. The crew had gone to the bunks to grab a few hours. There was a young guy sitting in the skippers seat keeping watch, but had fallen asleep. He was out of it, because when I announced my prescence there was no reaction.

The log was on the chart table and appeared in order. As this was the first shot of the nets, there was no fish on board. Normally I would sign the log and stamp it with an official stamp, which I did. I also re inked the stamp and very carefully stamped the sleeping watch keepers forehead and cheeks with 'L.E Orla - Naval Service'. It was a perfect paint job! Wish I had my camera then. I then quietly slipped off the vessel and disappeared in to the night.

I often wondered what happened when the skipper came to the bridge and enquired if all was quiet and a some what dozey, painted qm saying something like 'No all quiet Skip, nothing happened'.
        Last edited by Test Pilot; 21 December 2007, 17:49.

Comment

Fcuking Brilliant.
          Meh.

Comment

Now thats a story!!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Now thats a story!!
              great,,,,,,, one ships captain raided lobster pots and replaced each lobster(3 of them ) with a bottle of whiskey. imagine the face of the man hauling the pots ,, holy sh** its a miracle..

Comment

Hi Test pilot
                brilliant...I bet that story didnt get back to Killybegs......GR, he was a well-off captain if he could spare three bottles of strong drink.....we had a female Officer on Orderly Officer one night who had a habit of following the guard as they went out on patrol around the camp.She used to try and spring a trap on them at a point where they were supposed to radio back to the guardroom.She was spotted by the patrol and the NCO evaded her and crept up behind her, as she waited in cover.The first thing she knew about his presence was the muzzle of the FN in her ear.Silly girl tried it again another night, checking to see if the guy on the beat was alert.The whole camp was wise to her tricks so every footstep she took was monitored.When she crept up to the guardhouse,she found a Gustav muzzle, up close and personal. The surprises stopped after that.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

One wonders what kind of idiot decides its a good idea to sneak up on a person with a loaded weapon...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    One wonders what kind of idiot decides its a good idea to sneak up on a person with a loaded weapon...
                    Just thinking that myself. Not entirely sure of the total facts but a similar situation happened to my brother way back in the day when he was on an FCA camp. Except that he was on a 24hr, and two PDF officers decided to drop by in the middle of the night and check out weapons WITHOUT informing the guard commander. My brother, who was just a slip of a lad at the time (ah the days when they never checked your birth cert) forgot the usual challenge and said something along the lines of "IF YOU MOVE I'LL BLOW YOUR FCUKING HEADS OFF!"

The two heads tried to pull my brother through the wringer only to get a bollocking from their own CO. See - there is some justice out there.
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                      "IF YOU MOVE I'LL BLOW YOUR FCUKING HEADS OFF!"

The two heads tried to pull my brother through the wringer only to get a bollocking from their own CO. See - there is some justice out there.
                      Thank God for some sensible Co's. I had a few occasions to be on the mat, in the early years, but due to commonsense CO's, I was let walk! But thats another story. (may put that in print later).

I was thinking today, that it's only coming out now what realy happened many years ago, as we were in sight of no one, as we worked. Some of my ex CO's must be having a laugh now at what went on - I hope so. Some are still in the service and others are in civie street. We still cross paths and have a great respect for each other. And always will. If you are looking in, A Happy Christmas to you all.
                      Last edited by Test Pilot; 21 December 2007, 22:07.

Comment

I think my brother was only 15 or at the time (early 80s). So that just added insult to injury.
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                          Hi Test pilot
                          brilliant...I bet that story didnt get back to Killybegs......GR, he was a well-off captain if he could spare three bottles of strong drink.....we had a female Officer on Orderly Officer one night who had a habit of following the guard as they went out on patrol around the camp.She used to try and spring a trap on them at a point where they were supposed to radio back to the guardroom.She was spotted by the patrol and the NCO evaded her and crept up behind her, as she waited in cover.The first thing she knew about his presence was the muzzle of the FN in her ear.Silly girl tried it again another night, checking to see if the guy on the beat was alert.The whole camp was wise to her tricks so every footstep she took was monitored.When she crept up to the guardhouse,she found a Gustav muzzle, up close and personal. The surprises stopped after that.
                          regards
                          GttC
                          that was in the good old days of duty free 5 pound a bottle of black bush

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                            that was in the good old days of duty free 5 pound a bottle of black bush
                            Oh those days! Why not give the correct price of 5 pounds 3 shillings and 6 pence
                            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                              Oh those days! Why not give the correct price of 5 pounds 3 shillings and 6 pence
                              Way before your time..

Comment

Working...
                              X