X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor
    replied
    Originally posted by hptmurphy
    I was conscripted. My uncle the late Lt Cdr John Doyle had no sons ! and being the first born male child of age I was put on the recruitment list at a very age
    A friend's CO, family doctor and next door neighbour were all the same person. Her brother would get uniform inspection before leaving the family kitchen. :(
    Last edited by Victor; 23 November 2005, 00:23. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Further Congratulations are in order for the above mentioned Gentlemen,Mssrs Donaldson and Brunicardi who were recently Promoted to Sub Lt.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    replied
    Well done to Mick Brunicardi in passing out. (He was in my unit when I joined up a really sound lad)
    Goldie his nick name is Bruno

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    At the moment they are just stalkers..not assasins...

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    replied
    I have numerous doubles
    Is that to throw off the assassins?
    Last edited by FMolloy; 8 October 2003, 17:57.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Maybe it was me........

I have numerous doubles....no brothers though

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Leave him alone you bully....the lad is from waterford........Hey Goldie have you a brother in the guards...there was a guy the spitting image of you in clonmel today in a patrol car....

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    He didn't pass out...he got comissioned...only enlisted ranks "pass out".
    Officers have a "commissioning ceremony":D

Leave a comment:

• newby
    replied
    yeah brunicardi, sound man, delighted to here he passed out, was on a patrol with him on the ciara as a reservist and he couldnt of helped me more with advise and stuff to do with the service, so congradulations to him if he's reading this..........

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    I was conscripted. My uncle the late Lt Cdr John Doyle had no sons ! and being the first born male child of age I was put on the recruitment list at a very age .My interview and medical were a very informal affair. I was told I was going to visit a paradise island for a weekend and ended up in haulbowline on a dark tuesday night...When I woke up i was in the Navy.
    I wasn't so much afraid of the training staff as what would happen to me if found out if I ****ed off.
    I used to have to report to his house in Cobh( Roches Terrace ) every Sunday for a debrief on my weeks training.

So after a 16 week nightmare I pass out....he turns up at my passing out parade and bollocks the Duty officer about an over flowing drain.....Murphys career is definetely not on the rise.

On joining the Eithne the CO finds out who I am...it turns out that my relative had passed a comment noting that the Co would n't make a good leading seaman....while he had been a cadet......Murphy is really ****ed now ...and the rest is history...and that explains how I ended up in Cork

Leave a comment:

• sba
    replied
    Dunno what all this reference to Corkistani's rushing home to their mammies is all about....sure, didnt you have to come to Cork for a job Murph????

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Maybe its cos the jackeens were the loudest!

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    And the wexford shower gerry Cousins and Donal 'Mugger 'Maguire. paul Kelly from Longford Alan Kenna from Laois....Matty macarthy from tipperary town.....damien power from Clonmel........

Goldie ...these guys would take great offence to being called Dubs ....so now quailfy your last post!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    I forgot the Kilkenny contingent made up of Kieran Cullinane and Ted The Red Bradley who hailed from castlecomer....Dubs were very much in the minority.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Full of jackeens...thats a very assumptive statement given in my day we had a very mixed crew four from waterford several from the midlands......one from mayo.......two from Drogheda.......a handful of jackeens and a few mavericks....the rest were corkistanis who ****ed off home to their mammies at every oppertunity....at one stage we even had a couple of brits on board.two from kildare....including the late great Minnie carroll.he was the leading Tel and on my first night on QM he brought me up the biggest fry up you have ever seen C/w chips ...no wonder he died of a heart condition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X