ID Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Required

Can you identify the name and location of this ship please?

Regards etc
    Attached Files

Floating museum based on an old carrier?

Comment

That looks like a Farmer next to the island, they were neer operated from carriers...
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

im with YJ on this one.... that looks like an F 5 in the middle of the picture! next to the AA gun!

can i take a stab in the dark?
        is it that aircraft carrier musium in new york
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Eh, a Farmer is a MiG 19, the picture has a MiG 21 Fishbed..

Anyway, there are several floating Carrier museums, among them
          USS Intrepid, Lexington, Hornet,

Intrepid has a Polish MiG 21 on display, but the other aircraft don't seem to be present.

Comment

CVS11, USS Intrepid. Now a Floating Museum at the Sea*Air*Space Museum in NYC

Next question...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Looking a bit worse for wear. She is an Essex class fast carrier with quite a history. Several of her sisters also survive as musems. The Hornet, Yorktown, and the Lexington I believe. If CT reads this he can confirm that the hornet is actually across the SF bay in Alameda.
              Meh.

Comment

My eyesights not what it used to be
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

eh, CT not CQ.
                  Meh.

Comment

apologies...
                    Meh.

Comment

For why does it have a pair of MIG 21's on board?One of them obviously being Polish!
                      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Its a museum.....

Comment

Yes a Yank one i take it!Not former Soviet Bloc,I know they'd like to show off their war booty but.............
                          Live long and prosper!

Comment

OK Erwin,I'll speak in small words,cos its obvious you are dumb.....in an earlier 2 posts,links were given to details of this ship, where she is located,whats aboard and why. Visit those websites before you ask any more silly questions. Then change your avatar. I am familiar with his work,and it has no place on this site.

Comment

Take a chill pill man!BTW you don't have to be so patronising either & obviously i couldn't have been bothered visiting the links!Thats you off me Chrimbo card list & into me "Black Book".What did big Ron do on you BTW?
                              Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
                              X