End of an era.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an era.

Its safe to say that every member of the modern naval service, regardless of rank, has spent lots of time aboard this vessel. Sadly, the Naval Boat transport vessel David F finally met its appointment with the cutting torch this week.

Its a sad sight to see. The current vessel on the job isn't half as "pretty". David F was built in 1962 in Holland. David F had very traditional lines, with the wooden benches inside and out. It brought Naval and civilian staff from the DoD Pier in cobh to Haulbowline every day of the year, when not in refit.
    If that's not VFM I don't know what is.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Where was it broken up?

Comment

Naval Base. It is being cut up on the camber, where its last survey was carried out.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Not much of it left now.
        Last edited by ibenji; 19 November 2014, 10:31.

Comment

I seem to remember another vessel as well, William J, am I correct? If so what happened to her.?

Comment

She must indeed have been a very tough bird to survive the rough handling she got when she was constantly hopped off the quay when closing in to land PX often sending the unwary flying off their feet.

Comment

What was she replaced with?
              There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

seem to remember another vessel as well, William J, am I correct? If so what happened to her.?
                William J was owned by Cork Harbout Transport and was scrapped. She was an aful piece of shit.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

put to the sword just like 1/2 of the irish navy should be

Comment

Originally posted by andy View Post
                    is it ships or personell you mean ....

Comment

Originally posted by andy View Post
                      Which half and why? I'd be very interested in your reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                      X