Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by somclan View Post
    Charlie rang the switch one night looking for a buckshee call ...Operater says no probs Charlie...Charlie in his very distinctive accent replies , How did you know it was me!
    I was the operator on the switch that evening,Charlie was on launch duty,forget the proper title,and am glad to say that after all these years the quote is as said that evening. Am not too sure who the duty PO was that evening[was on the 5 to 12] but i can assure you we were both in stitches. Another one involving Charlie was when we were fell in under the arch in recruits and the roll call was going on,when it came to Charlie's name being called someone,at the rear,piped up ''sold'',that did not go down well believer me,i think the man himself was unsurprisingly AWOL at the time,probably getting in some practice before he went to the Leb!!

Comment

• some left

Originally posted by mini View Post
      I was the operator on the switch that evening,Charlie was on launch duty,forget the proper title,and am glad to say that after all these years the quote is as said that evening. Am not too sure who the duty PO was that evening[was on the 5 to 12] but i can assure you we were both in stitches. Another one involving Charlie was when we were fell in under the arch in recruits and the roll call was going on,when it came to Charlie's name being called someone,at the rear,piped up ''sold'',that did not go down well believer me,i think the man himself was unsurprisingly AWOL at the time,probably getting in some practice before he went to the Leb!!

Just goes to show that I still have a few memory cells intact

Comment

• Welcome to the two newbies, feel free to contribute photos stories alos welcome,

Add enough and we'll find out who you are eventually, has happened to all the navy blokes out there..but we'll keep your secrets safe.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Found photos

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          Welcome to the two newbies, feel free to contribute photos stories alos welcome,

Add enough and we'll find out who you are eventually, has happened to all the navy blokes out there..but we'll keep your secrets safe.
          Thanks for the words of welcome..On discovering this site I immediatley went into the depths of the attic and found some old photos mostly from the 80 s ...They are all on paper so one of these days I will get around to getting them transferred so that I can show some here as I dont have a scanner... Jeez some of the haircuts !

Comment

• How nick names sometimes happen

So there was this PO coming up to the 21... Lets call him Berry ...Berry's last watch arrives and the next day he is off the Rock for the last time...He decides to leave his favourite Chief a departing message on the white board ...This Chief is a little shiny up top...Berry makes reference to this in his message but spells bradley instead of baldey ...From then the Chief is sometimes referred to as Bradley or simpley the Brad...

I speak the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by jjoconel View Post
              Hiya G

Mick McCarthy, Prof (The Professor) Howard?, Jim O'Connell, "Fergie" Ferguson, Anthony (Jack) Lynch, Denis O'Mahony?

Memory is a bit rusty so I'm very open to correction

I've come across the Beiruit pic but not any others
              All the best
              I am a friend of Kevin Fergie Ferguson since 1980. We were apprentice shipwrights together. I worked in Haulbowline. Been trying to trace Fergie for years. I have important family info for him. Could anyone help please? My nickname was Bopper. Thanks, Paddy Rooney

Comment

• Try Irish Navy Friends connection on face book all the old heads are in there with photos to match.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                  Try Irish Navy Friends connection on face book all the old heads are in there with photos to match.
                  Thanks Seanachie. I will try Fbook

Slan, PR

Comment

Working...
                  X