Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usetabeanera

First meeting of the Naval Total Abstinence Society!!!!!

Comment

• all dressed up... dinner dance
      'scumbagging rig' as worn in Dunlaoighre on Saturday nights while on the prowl,
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
        all dressed up... dinner dance????
        And the only one dressed casual was Jim Shaloo . I suppose he was making the best of the times when he didn't have to wear a tie, or maybe he was trying to remain inconspicuous after the "Kit Kat Club" incident!

Comment

• I reckon God was definetly a boy when those were taken!

I wonder who knitted Jim Shaloos jumper....?Drink with ratings..definetely frowned upon.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
            For chippy!
            Seeing Jim O Connell and Jack Lynch in that photo reminds me that all they were short of was "Trampass" Hughes.

Comment

• Where are they now

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
              For chippy!
              Has anyone got info on the whereabouts of either of these Billy Lahives?
              I met a brother of Billy the cook about ten years ago and I think that he told me that Billy was a barrister in England, but I'm not too sure about it.
              And what about Fogo? Any reported sightings?

Comment

• Heard a similar story about Billy becoming a lawyer, and there is a solicitor practising in Plymouth with the same name. Not a particularly common name so could be the same man.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonstomper View Post
                  Heard a similar story about Billy becoming a lawyer, and there is a solicitor practising in Plymouth with the same name. Not a particularly common name so could be the same man.
                  Yeah , I saw the solicitors website. I'll check it out again.

Comment

• Lads, I know it's off topic, but does anyone know why the flag is at half mast in the base?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjoconel View Post
                      Yeah , I saw the solicitors website. I'll check it out again.
                      if i am wrong correct me the only lahives i knew in the service was billy still serving and has the rank of chief seaman and his cousin was a cook who was a cook 3 years ago was there another one??????

Comment

• Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                        Lads, I know it's off topic, but does anyone know why the flag is at half mast in the base?
                        Lt Gen Tadgh O'Neill, former CoS died earlier.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                          if i am wrong correct me the only lahives i knew in the service was billy still serving and has the rank of chief seaman and his cousin was a cook who was a cook 3 years ago was there another one??????
                          Chief Seaman sounds right . And was his cousin the cook you mentioned Billy also, from Cork City Ballyphehane area ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjoconel View Post
                            Chief Seaman sounds right . And was his cousin the cook you mentioned Billy also, from Cork City Ballyphehane area ?
                            thats them i think this solicitor thing is a myth

Comment

• It's hard to believe ex-Naval Servicemen would circulate unsubstantiated rumours or ball-hops with no basis in fact. Oh hang on....

Comment

Working...
                              X