Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis true....I have no life..

I was told I knew too much..they couldnt teach me anything..:o

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

ERA shortages are reaching critical levels.....sisters BF is a leading ERA and the poor fecker hasent had time off in donkeys....
      Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Thats what he says!!:D
        Live long and prosper!

Comment

okay goldie .. the major difference between the l60 and l70 is in barrel lenght the l stands for barrel lenght.... 60 is 60 times the clibre ie 40 x60 and 70 is 40 x 70... no great changes to tje actual weapon... sorry to diadoint but the conversions have already been caried out on the PVS... the new gun has a cctv camera linked back to the ops room in all fittings ....`the mounting has also changed from a hydraulic mounting to an electric mounting...ie the no 3 on the mounting is no longer responsible for the hydraulic pressure ....30psi...and is now soley responsible for the ammunition supply to the letter box rack.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I already knew this..why u tellin me? Tell the Boforgunner youngfella the odds of him being let near the yokes as a sluggie crewman!:-patriot:
            Most of the conversions were carried out at least 3 years ago according to the money figures. The bofors hoists are gone also..a safety problem it seems.....wonder what they done with Deirdres gun...

Its amazing how many people dont know what the L means...at the baldonell Airshow some years ago,a PDF'r minding an L 60 tried to convince me that the L70 was a larger calibre than the L60...then again another one told me that the Air Corps were in the process of Buying an F27...

Comment

sorry to burst yer bubbles lads but there are a few more differences to argued about....the L70 chambers the round during the runout of the gun and the L60 chambers it after....hence the 300rpm as opposed to 120
              Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Is it possible to transfer from the FCA to the slua and do a few courses on the marine side of things or do u have to start from scratch?

Comment

As a Private, you will hold your rank but will have to do a recruits course in the Base to qualify for seagoing. If you don't want to go to sea then don't apply.
                  As an NCO it depends on a lot of things, most especially why you want to move.
                  No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                  No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a conversion course???
                    There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today Chatfield
                    Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty GCB OM GCVO

Comment

The last FCA NCO to transfer did an extended conversion but it is not formalised.
                      She was the first to tranfer in quite a while and going on the averages it may be quite some time before there is another. Privates transferring will just do the recruits course.
                      No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                      No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Navy Problem

I have been a memeber of the FCA for about a year and a half, but have decided that I want to join the Navy after school. How do I go about transferring to the Naval reserves? I have been told by many people that I can't. Any Suggestions?
                        "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Comment

Its not impossible,but it can be difficult,depending on your rank. Apply for a transfer in the usual manner,but its worth getting to know a few bods in the NSR first,so you know what you are letting yourself in for.
                          Being a Member of the FCA is as much an advantage when joining the Naval service as being a member of the Naval Service reserve. You'll still have to learn everything from the start.

Comment

Given that the NSR now actually go to sea ..if you are considering a career in the NS it might not be such a bad idea. Firstly contact your local NSR unit and see will they take you. Some times units don't like to poach from each other. If they will just put in a letter requesting transfer through your company office. Beware it may take a while as these things are notoriously slow!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
                              "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Comment

Do you have to meet the CO if ur transfering from one unit to another, or can u just go down and hand in a request to cadre staff during the week?

Comment

Working...
                                X