Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellowjacket
    replied
    I often wonder at how Nepal produces men for what is reckoned to be one of the world's very worst armies as well as (more so in the past perhaps) for what is possibly one of the best group of soldiers in history.

Leave a comment:

• X-RayOne
    replied
    the good : british, australians, kiwis, norwegians, swedes, israeli.

the bad : ghanians, nepalese.

in between : americans (too much gear, not enough common sense)
    fijians (really jilty, never seen them in action though)
    italians ( really nice guys, spent more time being italian than soldiers though!)

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi all
    With what little experience I have of military contact with foreigners, here goes;
    Americans......efficient, friendly and enthusiastic but a bit arrogant(we're better than everybody,ever!)
    Brits....very efficient, friendly, always up for a bit of drinking,etc.Loved coming to South in their military capacity.Only "chippy" Brit I ever encountered was a Loyal Son of Ulster, down to Baldonnel in a Wessex.He hated us and we didn't like him much either.God knows who decided to send him South.
    French...arrogant/surly/bit sniffy but open to giving tours of their aircraft when asked.Would only speak English when spoken to.
    Nordics....always very friendly, efficient and open for visits. Well up for drinking,etc. Gorgeous female flight crew always a bonus.Only exception was a sour bollox from Finland who forbade his mech from talking to us.The international language of smokes and coffee took care of that.
    Italians...very friendly and open.Loved coming to the Don for a big ....-up.None of them ever seemed in the slightest hurry.
    Apart from that, I worked with lots of Yanks in an industrial capacity and they can do the business, especially when it comes to large projects.Very,very good technically and always well-equipped.
    I knew a guy who worked with the Ukrainians on UN missions and hated them with a passion, regarding them as a battalion of unrepentant thieves, who would steal anything, drink anything and were virtually entirely untrustworthy to do any job.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    I voted for the Poles because they built 620A at the rate of one block per day and also because one of their 20 stone nurses objected to getting a radiographer off the beach in Naquora to X-Ray my ankle because it was Good Friday.
    Did security for the Bn Comd on the 82 Bn and I swear the Poles put down a block leveled it checked it had a can of beer

and repeated for each block

Brits- very very good

Aussies and New Zelandsers- Very very good

French Good but arrogant bastards

Germans- Arrogant bastards and shite

Fijians- go through anything you tell them to-

Nordic- some fine women- some scary women- some fine soldiers some shite soldiers

Nigerians- Ghanians Pakistanians- Bangladeshi- Pure and utterly badly lead but have the ability to be good

Russians- brutal and thieving bastards

Yanks- I have served with them in 3 different MA and whilst they have the best combat support

the majority of their troops were scaringly undertrained and so full of themselves

but saying that- I served with them pre Afghanistan and Pre Present day Iraq and with the

experience they have gained there they MAY be better than I give them credit for.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    How many of the "bad" are conscripts, and how many of the "Good" are professional soldiers?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Good,
    brits,swedes,french,germans,czechs,kiwis,aussies,n orwegians.
    bad,
    Finns,yanks,indians.
    crap,
    Pakistanis,ghans,poles,bangladeshis.

Leave a comment:

• Kieran
    replied
    Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
    The Poles are the most useless soldiers known to humanity.
    What do you expect theyre also fairly useless at shelf packing. I shudder to think what theyre like with rifles.

Leave a comment:

• Burt
    replied
    Have worked with the Canadians, Turks, Greeks & Yanks, thought the the Canooks & the Turks were the best

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by B Inman View Post
    Have to disagree... Ghanbatt ...
    I voted for the Poles because they built 620A at the rate of one block per day and also because one of their 20 stone nurses objected to getting a radiographer off the beach in Naquora to X-Ray my ankle because it was Good Friday.

Leave a comment:

• The Sultan
    replied
    Thats conscription for ya!

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    replied
    Excellent Rhodesians, Australians, Kiwis, Brits, Botswana
    Useless,
    Nigerians, Zambians, Egyptians,

Leave a comment:

• ex pat 007
    replied
    Originally posted by mortar_man View Post
    Didn't like the yanks though!!
    We dont like you either !

RM among the best, Peruvian "Special Forces" not very special, Russians were just plain scary .

Leave a comment:

• B Inman
    replied
    Have to disagree... Ghanbatt were the neighbouring Battalion to us . During the trip of the 59Bn the CP at Tibnin Bridge came under HMG fire at night. The origin of fire was within 300m of the Ghan position at Sultiniah.... I was on duty in The Bn Comcen when the Ghan's came on the Motorala to complain that some of the Irish of return fire was impacting close to their positon... as usual at night the Ghan CP's were empty. The Irish were being fired at by a DSHK that was mounted on a 4wd that drove through the Ghan CP..

Leave a comment:

• yooklid
    replied
    Originally posted by mortar_man View Post
    Didn't like the yanks though!!
    On a personal level or their forces? Which service did you work with and where? Just curious..

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Hi all
    Of all the foreign forces you overseas types have served with, who do you rate as useful types and who do you regard as oxygen thieves and why?
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X