Peace Keeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Keeping

Where do you think badly needs the UN and ireland to send peackeepers?

Limerick...............

YES I'm the first one to say it.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Darfur!!

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
        YES I'm the first one to say it.
        Beat me to it. Bastard.
        Meh.

Comment

This is the overseas forum, so Limerick does not count

It's, IMHO, a valid question, so how about a grown-up discussion?

Darfur does seem to be a contender for a peacekeeping/enforceing mission alright.
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

This is the overseas forum, so Limerick does not count
            Bere Island
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Zim. Iraq, Darfur...think the UN has the balls to do the job in any of those places?
              It also needs the consent of the government of Zim, Iraq and Sudan to move in. Desireable? Maybe. Likely? Hardly.
              "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

I recently heard an officer say something about afganistan.....who knows
                Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

There is (or was) a small amount of DF personal in A-stan already. But I'd say the risk is far to high for the government to send a proper sized force there.
                  Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Originally posted by tonyrdf View Post
                    There is (or was) a small amount of DF personal in A-stan already. But I'd say the risk is far to high for the government to send a proper sized force there.
                    There is something deeply, fundamentally wrong about that.

Must be something to do with the complete moral malaise the country is in...Mammon for president, Joe Duffy for Taoseach.
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Why would it be risky to send soldiers into a war zone.....

At recruitment ,did no one mention that it might be dangerous?
                      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                        Why would it be risky to send soldiers into a war zone.....

At recruitment ,did no one mention that it might be dangerous?
                        Its not my opinion that Irish troopas shouldn't be sent there, I think that it would be a great opertunity for us to put or infantry skills to the test. Its just that the govt wouldn't have the b*lls to commit them.
                        Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

fighting for what?

Originally posted by tonyrdf View Post
                          Its not my opinion that Irish troopas shouldn't be sent there, I think that it would be a great opertunity for us to put or infantry skills to the test. Its just that the govt wouldn't have the b*lls to commit them.

Which side would Irish troops be fighting on?

Comment

Did you just say you'd like to see Irish troops deployed to a war zone in order to see how good they are????
                            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                              Did you just say you'd like to see Irish troops deployed to a war zone in order to see how good they are????
                              Should I just give up now??? Are you only nitpicking because of my low post count?
                              You just turned 'I think providing troops to ISAF would be a good test of skill sets in the DF' into ' F**k yeah lets send our guys over and get them all shot....yeah!!!'

Have I done something to people on this board?? I ask because this is not the first time someone has taken the meaning of my posts out of all proportion.
                              I've been a member for a long time but I hardly ever post because I always have that niggling feeeling that someone is going to try and make a fool out of me.

By the way soldiers should expect to be sent into conflict zones.... its the nature of their job.
                              Last edited by tonyrdf; 22 March 2007, 20:15.
                              Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Working...
                              X