• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    GoneToTheCanner
    C/S

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    CS, that's probably illegal as cruel and unusual treatment! might be alright to inflict it on chavs in lieu of an ASBO though...
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Send them to Finner Camp its got lots of sand!!

I believe the British used it for training troops for South Africa.

As for the heat acclimatisation issue them the old plastic rain gear (pre-Goretex)

and have them leg it up and down the sand hills after a good fry-up of salty bacon.

Connaught Stranger

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    There isn't many secure sub saharan states where they could be sent to acclimatise at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• ARNGScout
    replied
    Wasn't that done for East Timor - didn't the Irish troops go to Australia first to "aclimitize". I don't see why we couldn't do it - it's a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• womble
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    How would you do that? Send them to Courtown for a month...strange local lingo, lots of cheap food that'll loosen the bowels of a statue and plenty of combat and the occasional bit of sun as well.
    regards
    GttC
    Sun, in courtown?? very very very rare.
    The rest is very accurate though

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    C/S

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    How would you do that? Send them to Courtown for a month...strange local lingo, lots of cheap food that'll loosen the bowels of a statue and plenty of combat and the occasional bit of sun as well.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• cooley
    replied
    Some other countries acclimitise their troops before sending them into such an environment on operations. Should this not be considered by the DF? / Why has it not been considered? Money or resources I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Victor
    replied
    In such cases, passing red blood not good, passing black or semi-digested blood quite bad - get thee to a doctor.

Take care guys.

Leave a comment:

• SURPLUS
    Just a Number

• SURPLUS
    started a topic A Prayer To Bring The Lads Home Safely

A Prayer To Bring The Lads Home Safely

Hi to all.
    New to this site.
    Like most of you I'm sure... I have a friend Serving in Chad. Reports back are that the general health is not good. Some are passing blood and loosing a lot of weight, due to the constant Hydrating & De-Hydrating. It's tough just standing still in that heat. Let's keep them in our prayers for a safe return.
    Cheers lads
Working...
X