X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    well 45 pounds = about 72 loonies so that should get me plenty of crotch fresh key rings and butt fresh posters and even a signed t-shirt or perhaps a little something more special
    Fill your boots; there are a lot of beautiful Québec girls stripping out west.

i was just thinking - you guys would earn a fortune if you came to the UK.

do you know any of the Canadian Forces officers who are moving to the UK when the ARRC moves from Germany?

that would be some pay and allowances!
    No I don't know any... but maybe I should look into applying for a position after I commission.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    well 45 pounds = about 72 loonies so that should get me plenty of crotch fresh key rings and butt fresh posters and even a signed t-shirt or perhaps a little something more special

mate - i need to chat to you offline about Internet access and Cellphones etc.

the Army have given me a pack but it's always better to speak to the locals about such stuff.

talk soon pal.

i was just thinking - you guys would earn a fortune if you came to the UK.

do you know any of the Canadian Forces officers who are moving to the UK when the ARRC moves from Germany?

that would be some pay and allowances!

Leave a comment:

• Jungle
    replied
    aww for fecks sake Jungle - you'll go to any lengths to avoid buying me a pint!

i guess i'll have to go exploring the Strip Bars in Medicine Hat and lose a few Loonies and Toonies along the way all on my own now

i think i am on an extra £45 per day just for being there to make up for the difference in the cost of living - apparently?! lol
    Dude, I will happily buy you a pint or six when we meet !!

An extra £45 /day should be enough to finance your happy times at the strippers !!

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungle View Post
    6 months in Suffield ?!?!?!! You will need therapy by the time you're done !!

Seriously, I will be in Afg from early nov to an unknown date, likely in july now...
    aww for fecks sake Jungle - you'll go to any lengths to avoid buying me a pint!

i guess i'll have to go exploring the Strip Bars in Medicine Hat and lose a few Loonies and Toonies along the way all on my own now

i think i am on an extra £45 per day just for being there to make up for the difference in the cost of living - apparently?! lol

Leave a comment:

• Jungle
    replied
    6 months in Suffield ?!?!?!! You will need therapy by the time you're done !!

Seriously, I will be in Afg from early nov to an unknown date, likely in july now...

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    He'll be elsewhere.
    Don't take it personally

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungle View Post
    The OPS allowances, and our pay, are not taxable during a deployment to medium or high risk areas.

And
    Between Canada and the UK
    Jungle you gonna be anywhere near CFB Suffield this winter?

i've just been told i'm posted out there for 6 months!

might be able to meet you for a beer or a weekend in Calgary?!

i guess i'll be experiencing this difference in cost of living pretty soon!

so long as the beer is cheaper i'm a happy man!

Canada rocks, eh?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    He would have been as safe as anything as most of the muckahs down that way

cant read-

and stop blaming me for your misdeeds
    I must be the exception to the rule as i could read this bolloxology.Cheeky git.

yeah fair one Hedgie, i suppose he was probably more likely to have been stabbed in a random assault.
    Cheeky git x2.What part of the UK do you live in exactly???

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    yeah fair one Hedgie, i suppose he was probably more likely to have been stabbed in a random assault.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    !

needless to say he had to turn his t-shirt inside out before they landed incase he wasn't offered the usual cead mile failte!!

sorry for going off topic - your fault Hedgie!
    He would have been as safe as anything as most of the muckahs down that way

cant read-

and stop blaming me for your misdeeds

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
    You are right APOD I am not a serving soldier... Thank god, I enjoy a more relaxed command structure now,less bull . hurry up and wait, and dont miss the co inspections ...and i dont do a great job only a paid job, but i try to be on the good guys side most of the time, the thing in DRC is no one knows who are the good or bad guys..
    Jesus it must be a blue moon or something but i am inclined to agree with you again.Funny old world eh

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    reminds me of my mate from 2PARA who was travelling back to London in the early 90's from R&R in the US who had to divert to Shannon due to a problem with the aircraft.

that would have been fine when the pilot announced the diversion, however imagine my mates dismay as he was sat there in a maroon t-shirt with the Parachute Regiment logo on the front and 2PARA printed on the back!

needless to say he had to turn his t-shirt inside out before they landed incase he wasn't offered the usual cead mile failte!!

sorry for going off topic - your fault Hedgie!

Leave a comment:

• Jungle
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    I didnt think there would be any difference in the cead mile failte offered to Americans or Canadians-

whats your say on this Jungle- urban legend or is it true.

if its true its a crock of shit
    I have never transited through Shannon, but the times I have transitted elsewhere we did not have special restrictions. Normally, if we are in location long enough, we are free to enjoy the local hospitality; but there could be some restrictions I don't know about in some locations.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    It might seem sligtly off topic

but it is to do with pay and overseas-

Jungle a freind of mine ( not the usual bullshitters I hang out with) who works in a fairly high civil service position told me that at a briefing he was told that when Canadian troops transit through Ireland

their conditions are much stricter than the Americans- by conditions I mean that if they hit shannon
    they cant do this cant do that etc etc-

I didnt think there would be any difference in the cead mile failte offered to Americans or Canadians-

whats your say on this Jungle- urban legend or is it true.

if its true its a crock of shit

Leave a comment:

• Jungle
    replied
    but Canada Rocks - especially with the money you are on Jungle!
    Dude, you will not hear me complain... but I'm the equivalent of an E-8, so very close to the top of the NCM pay scale.

My son is a Pte though, and he is doing OK; earning much better money then when I was there !!!

The CF have been working at becoming an "employer of choice" for some time, and they are getting there. Our conditions and terms of service are very good. I have 10 years left, and I have been offered a commission, so I will likely finish my time as a Captain. The plan is for me to get the commission at the end of the upcoming tour in Afg.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X