X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craghopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhodes View Post

UNP 2-45 has been Camp Shamrock since it was taken over by the 106 Inf BN in 2012 from the French after the move out of 6-5. It's a rarely used name now with everyone just calling it 2-45.

If you were there two years ago you would have seen the sign (now replaced with an IRISHPOLBATT sign) beside the unloading bay saying 'Welcome To Camp Shamrock'.
    Like I said, I haven't heard it being referred to Shamrock just 2-45. I was there the trip before the POLs arrived. 114 BN

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    Originally posted by Craghopper View Post

Yeah.. I was only there two years ago.. 5th trip to de leb. I haven't heard it being called shamrock just 2-45
    UNP 2-45 has been Camp Shamrock since it was taken over by the 106 Inf BN in 2012 from the French after the move out of 6-5. It's a rarely used name now with everyone just calling it 2-45.

If you were there two years ago you would have seen the sign (now replaced with an IRISHPOLBATT sign) beside the unloading bay saying 'Welcome To Camp Shamrock'.

Leave a comment:

• Craghopper
    replied

UNP 2-45 is the current Camp Shamrock since 2012. It's the fourth Camp Shamrock.
    6-52 is the Irish manned outpost.

Yeah.. I was only there two years ago.. 5th trip to de leb. I haven't heard it being called shamrock just 2-45

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    The Leb - Inside Camp Shamrock

"Documentary visiting members of the Irish Defence Forces inside Camp Shamrock in the Lebanon."

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    The Spanish Army has announced they will redeploy two AB-212 helicopters to Lebanon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB-212.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	731781

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    Originally posted by Craghopper View Post

CampShamrock??
    Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    6-52 is Camp Shamrock now apparently...
    Also, Privates are officers now....
    UNP 2-45 is the current Camp Shamrock since 2012. It's the fourth Camp Shamrock.
    6-52 is the Irish manned outpost.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    6-52 is Camp Shamrock now apparently...
    Also, Privates are officers now....

Leave a comment:

• Craghopper
    replied
    "#WATCH Irish Defence Forces serving in Lebanon are getting their #COVID19 booster shots today The vaccines arrived into Camp Shamrock in the early hours of the morning Almost 350 Irish men and women are on peacekeeping duty there Colette Fitzpatrick has more"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494695703624437760
    CampShamrock??

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    "#VMNews Anchor Colette Fitzpatrick has been in Lebanon meeting members of the Irish
    @defenceforces

The peacekeepers are on a tour of duty until May as part of a UN mission

They also got their #COVID19 booster vaccines today"

Leave a comment:

• Rhodes
    replied
    "#WATCH Irish Defence Forces serving in Lebanon are getting their #COVID19 booster shots today The vaccines arrived into Camp Shamrock in the early hours of the morning Almost 350 Irish men and women are on peacekeeping duty there Colette Fitzpatrick has more"

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Minister is on his way to visit troops in UNIFIL

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    An interesting read here on the increased use of Combat drones and loitering munitions, and the inability of the DF overseas to deal with it.

‘Groundhog’ or ‘Sitting Duck’? Why the Defence Forces need strong countermeasures against uncrewed and autonomous aerial vehicles — Part 1 | by Irish Defence Forces Officers’ Club | Aug, 2021 | Medium
    In five, 10, 15 years’ time we can expect Irish peacekeepers to find themselves in situations where they are pinned down not only by artillery crossfire, but also by combat drones and loitering munitions. Therefore, it is essential that the Defence Forces have the capabilities to detect, identify, counter and protect against such emerging threats.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    On a totally unrelated note, John above was a cadet featured in the famous Defence Forces handbook of the mid 80s.
    I believe his normal role now is o/c DFPO.

Leave a comment:

• Jaque'ammer
    replied
    Last edited by Jaque'ammer; 5 July 2021, 14:12. Reason: Messed up the embed link

Leave a comment:

• TangoSierra
    replied
    Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Minister and CoS is normal enough, but I can't recall a DoD Sec Gen visiting before.
    As well as "Defence Policy Director, Ciaran Murphy and Political Director at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Sonja Hyland."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X