Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defence forces Deployment to UNDOF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strangely enough both delays were caused by 2 different **** ups. Its a disgrace, but the root cause is particular individuals not doing their job as opposed to international politics

    Comment


    • Could be that the chartered airline being Ethiopian airlines were the last to have a major crash in Beirut airport? As it stands new plane is coming to take us out of here
      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

      Comment


      • Originally posted by spider pig View Post
        Could be that the chartered airline being Ethiopian airlines were the last to have a major crash in Beirut airport? As it stands new plane is coming to take us out of here
        Good Post. A plausible reason emerges. TKS. Safe home.

        Comment


        • As much as I hate to be on the same side as the USA attacking the UN this is again showing something that needs to change. How it supports Peacekeepers and their missions needs to take stock of the lessons of the last 70 years and move on. But not just the UN, this could be a chance for the EU to step up with a more pro-active plan. All contingents need air transport, all are pretty much knw well in advance (except for urgent issues) so why does the EU not set-up a transport unit to support peacekeeping missions. The Germans have tried to set-up a multi-national force to operate the 13 A400Ms that they no longer want. These could form the core of a future EU Peacekeeping air transport Wing a bit like the way the C17s in the NATO Airlift Wing.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
            As much as I hate to be on the same side as the USA attacking the UN this is again showing something that needs to change. How it supports Peacekeepers and their missions needs to take stock of the lessons of the last 70 years and move on. But not just the UN, this could be a chance for the EU to step up with a more pro-active plan. All contingents need air transport, all are pretty much knw well in advance (except for urgent issues) so why does the EU not set-up a transport unit to support peacekeeping missions. The Germans have tried to set-up a multi-national force to operate the 13 A400Ms that they no longer want. These could form the core of a future EU Peacekeeping air transport Wing a bit like the way the C17s in the NATO Airlift Wing.
            To me that just sounds like a way for us to sponge off other EU nations vastly large military budgets. Personally I think we just need to grow up and invest. The RNZAF does it. I wouldn't be a huge fan of moves towards an EU military anyway. The rest of Europe is better off keeping it all in NATO.

            Comment


            • Rotation has been sorted

              Comment


              • I would not support sponging and think we would have to pay a share of any Airlift Wing. Also given the level of our contribution to peacekeeping of share should be inline with this. We are the 3rd biggest contributor to UN missions in the EU so I would expect we would pay for 2-3 aircraft. These would be not just for UN missions but also HADR as well.

                Comment


                • I see everyone got home, eventually!

                  Welcome back

                  https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019...ublin-airport/
                  'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                  'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                  Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                  He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                  http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

                  Comment


                  • 'Isil attacks are moving closer to Irish UN troops in Golan Heights'

                    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-39264384.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      'Isil attacks are moving closer to Irish UN troops in Golan Heights'

                      https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-39264384.html
                      But the "Great Leader with the Best Brain" said that they had been totally defeated, and he never lies.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        'Isil attacks are moving closer to Irish UN troops in Golan Heights'

                        https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-39264384.html
                        In May 2019, UNDOF conducted 325 patrols while last month the number of patrols had trebled to 999,
                        That’s a serious increase in workload. They must be working their asses off
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

                        Comment


                        • Also looks like 2 additional Mech Inf Plns on the way (not necessarily Irish)

                          Comment


                          • Have we enough cars to send 2 mechanised infantry platoons? The Mowags are still under going their MLU which removes a lot from the available fleet.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                              Have we enough cars to send 2 mechanised infantry platoons? The Mowags are still under going their MLU which removes a lot from the available fleet.
                              As I said not necessarily Irish (in fact very much doubt that they are), I would assume Fiji and Nepal

                              Comment


                              • Varadkar just announced UNDOF mission mandate extended, same number of personnel as at present. Ditto for KFOR

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X