Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ireland's Peacekeeping model fit for purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laners View Post
    Canada using a Celine Dione concert to influence votes was not the smartest move , obviously Canada thought we all regard her as highly as they do .
    Canada think their great because next to their neighbours, they look good. But they have many of the same problems as the US with regards to Police mistreatment of first nation people, and their citizens aren't exactly too enamoured with Trudeau's minority government either.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
      Canada using a Celine Dione concert to influence votes was not the smartest move , obviously Canada thought we all regard her as highly as they do .
      She’s no U2

Comment

I read an account where a Mowag gunner,under orders, shot two "rebels/fighter/insert name and type of enemy here" off a motorcycle, as part of one of those rescue operations, as they were seen to be bearing an RPG with intent. No-one appears to have batted an eyelid, official or otherwise, so clearly the kid gloves were off, weapons were hot and action was expected. This is quite the contrast to previous actions and events in UNIFIL,going way back.

Comment

From news:
          https://forum.irishmilitaryonline.co...987#post481987

The report:
          https://assets.gov.ie/94889/8440bb99...0d7998b2e3.pdf

Of course doesn’t suggest that we may actually draw down some EU money to help the Defence Forces
          Last edited by DeV; 9 November 2020, 12:41.

Comment

The mere thought of it seems to have sent some in DPER reaching for the comfort blankie.
            German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
            German 2: Private? I am a general!
            German 1: That is the bad news.

Comment

Working...
            X