The Irish platoon St. Patrick's Day SFOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truck Driver
    Docman, I know it's a Glengarry, the shade of green is too light for a Wing beret,
    which is why I said to Mick:

I can see it's a Glengarry, Mick, I'm just asking the question 'bout the
    Wing headgear on o/seas...
    You wrote your reply while I was writing mine, hence the mix up. (check the times)

Comment

After checking into this picture, I found out that this particular individual who is out of step (but only by half-a-step) is a half-way decent person for an MP. Apparently, he is not really a Corporal (just an acting corporal). His main job is opening and closing the gate but since he is always right there in the gate house he doesn't actually have to lock the gate, just close it. He trained in Limerick and then wanted to transfer to Cork but he only made it as far as Kilworth (half-way). He generally leaves barracks at half-twelve (half-day) so he can go for a quick drink (half-one) with his girlfriend (fine-half) that his wife (better-half) doesn't know about. So when he went on this overseas mission for half-a-year and was asked to march to the middle of the square (half-way across) behind a pipe and drum band that had no drums (half-a-band) so he could be presented with a medal for a mission that he hadn't finished and a piece of shamrock in celebration of being half-way through lent, it shouldn't be surprising that he would be half-a-step off. Let's see any of you do any better under such pressure.

Comment

Its a Glengarry alright and he even has it broken properly......it is actually the IFOR op where blue berets were not worn!.It was basically a policing action and the non cherry berrys were support peeps!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-soldier
          After checking into this picture, I found out that this particular individual who is out of step (but only by half-a-step) is a half-way decent person for an MP. Apparently, he is not really a Corporal (just an acting corporal). His main job is opening and closing the gate but since he is always right there in the gate house he doesn't actually have to lock the gate, just close it. He trained in Limerick and then wanted to transfer to Cork but he only made it as far as Kilworth (half-way). He generally leaves barracks at half-twelve (half-day) so he can go for a quick drink (half-one) with his girlfriend (fine-half) that his wife (better-half) doesn't know about. So when he went on this overseas mission for half-a-year and was asked to march to the middle of the square (half-way across) behind a pipe and drum band that had no drums (half-a-band) so he could be presented with a medal for a mission that he hadn't finished and a piece of shamrock in celebration of being half-way through lent, it shouldn't be surprising that he would be half-a-step off. Let's see any of you do any better under such pressure.
          Thats a half-arsed reply..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Goldie,

I was watching the match on TV when it came to the break (half-time). I put down my snakebite and put on my on my bi-focals to peruse your remark. I was half thinking of responding to you in the same half-hearted way you posted, but decided instead to send you my best wishes. So you half a nice day....OK.

Comment

Working...
            X