Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post

Take the fact it is Afghanistan out of it, what about Irish people “stuck” in Australia due to covid
    Not sure what your point is, but those in Australia have the option of a Commercial flight home. They just need to overstay their visa...
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Not sure what your point is, but those in Australia have the option of a Commercial flight home. They just need to overstay their visa...
      A lot of Irish citizens bemoaned the fact that they wanted to travel from Australia to Ireland to visit and were prevented from doing so due to covid. Yet they have chosen to live in Australia.

Comment

I do have a theory as to the drastic jump in numbers from when the team were on the ground, but am not comfortable discussing it on an open forum while people are still on the ground, but it is a well known thing in certain NGO circles.

As for the team in Abu Dhabi, I am sure they are doing the best they can do, and as someone who as had a reason to contact an embasy during covid, they will be understanding and as helpfull as they can be, but they can only do what they have been instructed to do from HQ, even when that seems to be contradictory to the information that is available on the offical govenment websites.
        It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
        It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
        It was a new age...It was the end of history.
        It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

If that's aimed at me...I suspect it was...in no way was I trying to be condescending.

We're having an open discussion...I simply pointed out that the SF mission in that place at present is likely to be wider and deeper than we'll understand for now.

wasn't you....
          It's a strange situation, I know intelligence is very much a chancy thing but there seemed to be a monumental failure to read the signs, and when the bubble did finally burst there was a staunch failure to react to it...
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by CTU View Post
            I do have a theory as to the drastic jump in numbers from when the team were on the ground, but am not comfortable discussing it on an open forum while people are still on the ground, but it is a well known thing in certain NGO circles.

As for the team in Abu Dhabi, I am sure they are doing the best they can do, and as someone who as had a reason to contact an embasy during covid, they will be understanding and as helpfull as they can be, but they can only do what they have been instructed to do from HQ, even when that seems to be contradictory to the information that is available on the offical govenment websites.
            Would love to hear the theory when appropriate

Comment

MSM American style is alleging that some do-gooder named Tim Kennedy turned up at HKIA yesterday with a couple of bus loads of non-entitled Afghanis. Held things up at Abbey Gate indirectly contributing to the SVIED attack as he caused a huge back up of people. And that a lot of the casualties were ANA SF and their families. The buses and his non-entitled passengers were turned away apparently.

Some of the stories that are going to come out of this will be of incredible bravery…others of selfishness and stupidity.

'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Oh and UK MOD now tweeting that Dr Dolittle and his pets are now being processed @HKIA and they've cleared a slot for his chartered plane to land.

No mention of the NOWZAD staff though.
                'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                  MSM American style is alleging that some do-gooder named Tim Kennedy turned up at HKIA yesterday with a couple of bus loads of non-entitled Afghanis. Held things up at Abbey Gate indirectly contributing to the SVIED attack as he caused a huge back up of people. And that a lot of the casualties were ANA SF and their families. The buses and his non-entitled passengers were turned away apparently.

Some of the stories that are going to come out of this will be of incredible bravery…others of selfishness and stupidity.
                  Ah Tim Kennedy strikes again!

Comment

On his Instagram, Tim Kennedy has addressed the accusations against him and details the operation and action's he has been taking part of in Afghanistan. It's from a few days ago and the photo on the post is a night shot of the military apron at Kabul with a C130 and an A400M.

Comment

Assurances received from Taliban that citizens and those with permission can travel and exit Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                      X