Liberia daysack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberia daysack?

can anybody tell me what company makes the issue daysack that is in use in Liberia?You know the one with the built in hydration system in irish dpm.cheers>
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

No takers eh? pity i taught someone would know!
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Is the daysack in Irish DPM or the hydration system? Do you have any pics?
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by apod
        can anybody tell me what company makes the issue daysack that is in use in Liberia?You know the one with the built in hydration system in irish dpm.cheers>
        Wouldn't be a Protac item, would it?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I also spotted this mysterious item in the baggage hall in Dublin Airport when the lads came home for leave couple of months ago it was on the back of an Lt Col standing beside an Brig Gen so really could'nt ask him to much about it. I taught he said it was only on issue to Officer/seniour NCOs but not to sure cause I got shock when I saw the Brig Gen beside him!! Dont quote me on this but I taught he said it was from Arktis but that is'nt gospel! It had a very similiar appearance to a DPM School Bag but looked very well nearly spot on the uniform. But needless to say that the Lt Col was more than surprised with the interest in the bag and when he realised I was in An Forsa ( well at the time) he said it was great to show an interest in such new equipment. Hope this info helps you in some form for this item!
          British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
          Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

any pics floating about
            Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

It's an Artkis Camelbak. Prone to leakage, and the inner bag getting twisted.

Comment

Arktis call theirs 'the hump' & it isn't anywhere near the Camelbak in terms of performance.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I know what you are talking about parts and thats not it.Those arktis ones were withdrawn and a new irish dpm daysack with a built in hydration system is now in use.It is similar to an american "assault pack" with zip closures.Sorry i ahve no photos.I dont believe it is protac.

Comment

I think we saw it in 1 of the photos from Liberia posted here a while back.......I'll look and see can I find it for you
                    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

is it the one on the right?
                      Attached Files
                      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

That's British DPM (actually a modified brown-dominant variant). I have one of those daysacks. I don't use it anymore, since the stitching started coming apart at one of the shoulder straps

Comment

No.the bag i am on about has no lid and is in IRISH dpm.It is closed with a zip.I think it may have been made by the same company who supplied the new dpm webbing.

Comment

Working...
                          X