• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    No.the bag i am on about has no lid and is in IRISH dpm.It is closed with a zip.I think it may have been made by the same company who supplied the new dpm webbing.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    That's British DPM (actually a modified brown-dominant variant). I have one of those daysacks. I don't use it anymore, since the stitching started coming apart at one of the shoulder straps

Leave a comment:

• mutter nutter
    "Nice ass, Samson..."

• mutter nutter
    replied
    is it the one on the right?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mutter nutter
    "Nice ass, Samson..."

• mutter nutter
    replied
    I think we saw it in 1 of the photos from Liberia posted here a while back.......I'll look and see can I find it for you

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    I know what you are talking about parts and thats not it.Those arktis ones were withdrawn and a new irish dpm daysack with a built in hydration system is now in use.It is similar to an american "assault pack" with zip closures.Sorry i ahve no photos.I dont believe it is protac.

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    Arktis call theirs 'the hump' & it isn't anywhere near the Camelbak in terms of performance.

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    It's an Artkis Camelbak. Prone to leakage, and the inner bag getting twisted.

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    any pics floating about

Leave a comment:

• The Blue Max
    Intelligence Officer

• The Blue Max
    replied
    I also spotted this mysterious item in the baggage hall in Dublin Airport when the lads came home for leave couple of months ago it was on the back of an Lt Col standing beside an Brig Gen so really could'nt ask him to much about it. I taught he said it was only on issue to Officer/seniour NCOs but not to sure cause I got shock when I saw the Brig Gen beside him!! Dont quote me on this but I taught he said it was from Arktis but that is'nt gospel! It had a very similiar appearance to a DPM School Bag but looked very well nearly spot on the uniform. But needless to say that the Lt Col was more than surprised with the interest in the bag and when he realised I was in An Forsa ( well at the time) he said it was great to show an interest in such new equipment. Hope this info helps you in some form for this item!

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by apod
    can anybody tell me what company makes the issue daysack that is in use in Liberia?You know the one with the built in hydration system in irish dpm.cheers>
    Wouldn't be a Protac item, would it?

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    Is the daysack in Irish DPM or the hydration system? Do you have any pics?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    No takers eh? pity i taught someone would know!

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    started a topic Liberia daysack?

Liberia daysack?

can anybody tell me what company makes the issue daysack that is in use in Liberia?You know the one with the built in hydration system in irish dpm.cheers>
Working...
X