X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish
    Nationwide - 21 December 2005
    Presented by Mary Kennedy and Michael Ryan

You can watch the entire show, or watch individual reports using the menu below.

Irish peacekeepers prepare for an African Christmas

Mary Kennedy and Michael Ryan visit Irish UN peacekeepers on duty in Liberia

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1221/nationwide.html
    Watched the programme and i thought it was a good insight. Im sure any civilian who watched it appreciates the role of the irish army abroad.

Comment

Saw it too.

My mouth was watering when I heard Michael Ryan ask the cook what was on the menu for Christmas Day. Basically it was a choice of two for each course.... ( !!! )
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
        Basically it was a choice of two for each course.... ( !!! )

What choice [did'nt see it] "take it or leave it"
        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Starter: Egg Mayo, Prawn Coctail
          Main Course: Turkey & Ham, Sirloin Steak
          Desert: Christmas pud, Trifle.

Did ye see the cook!?
          I wouldnt like to get on the wrong side of him

Comment

A big hello to Fireblade and all the CIS Pln in Liberia. It's baltic back in Ireland!!!

Comment

Does anyone remember that program "Tales from the frontlines"? I think thats what it was called, it did a program on Irish troops in Liberia, think it was last year. If anyone knows wher i can find that episode, it would be great. Thanks.
              Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

That was in the summer, there was a tread on here about it. The only place i reckon you'd find it is the RTE website and even then you may be hard pushed.
                Theirs not to make reply,
                Theirs not to reason why,
                Theirs but to do and die:
                Into the valley of Death
                Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Yeah ,I cant seem to find it, if anyone knows the link could you post it?
                  Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Working...
                  X