No announcement yet.

E Bde P.N.C.O's course 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next question, why were ye marching in civvies?

Comment

They have to march everywhere while on the coarse, whether in uniform or civies....didn't you know that YJ

Comment

cause we were the cream of the cream of the eastern brigade!:flagwave:
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Hmm... marching whilst improperly dressed !

Marching open palmed, probably to get around the regs as you weren't actually marching as per the manual. Allthough you weren't in uniform technically you weren't marching! well that's what I assume.
          Last edited by Loque; 5 August 2003, 17:32.

Comment

Where in the manual does it say you can't be marched in civies. Marching with open palms does not get around any regulations, it is ridiculous and an abhoration to the regulations. If you are going to do something then do it the right way or not at all. I can't stand these idiots who think they can make something up and call it the regulations. Whatever about doing that at a unit camp it is a complete and utter disgrace to do at a Brigade training course.

Comment

Subj. to mil. law on course of training.

One can be marched in PT gear no problem and sometimes the instructor will march the group with open-hands since this has some apparent benefits to warm-up/down. Otherwise I can't see the reason for it.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
                I can't stand these idiots who think they can make something up and call it the regulations. Whatever about doing that at a unit camp it is a complete and utter disgrace to do at a Brigade training course.
                When Marching in civvies or PT gear it is normal to have the palms of your hands open, or at least it has been for the last 10 years or so with any PTI I have come across, including the PDF PTI from your Unit Bravo. I also seem to remember you doing it on your Standards cse.

Comment

I didn't know B20 had done the standards course....
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

It would have been very difficult to hold the crutches with my palms open

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
                      It would have been very difficult to hold the crutches with my palms open
                      crutches?? why what happened?
                      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

My life has moved on, I don't want to think about it anymore.

Comment

ohhh.... someone didnt like his standards!

Comment

The reason for the Open Palms on PT parade is so the PT Instructors can spot to see if anyone has left jewellery on for their own safety all items that can snag/catch etc should be removed. Its part of the PT regs.

Yeah it is very hard to use crutches with your hands open!! and TIM someone ALWAYS goed straight from the river to the MAP!

Last edited by Bailer; 6 August 2003, 10:12.
                            Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

PT Parades are fine but the post indicated that it was a requirement whenever they marched out of uniform during their "off" time.

Comment

Not on my pots course maybe this year!! If we didn't march properly (i.e. Head up shoulders, back arms straight fists clenched, all the way from point A to B ) we were sent back to poina A to do it again.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Working...
                                X