Clear All

• Distance: 6km
    Weight in Daysack: 10kg
    Time: 35:14
    Press-ups: 3x10
    Sit ups: 3x 20
    Squat thrusts: 3x 20
    Squats: 3x 10

Took a leisurely run, again not pushing the knees too hard. Time was knocked a bit by my day sack coming open half way around the course, requiring me to stop, remove and close it. Not my best effort by far, but happy enough to be out and running.

Comment

• Getting back into it a bit again - managed a 22 min stint out for
      a run, plus associated warmup/down and approx. 10 mins on the
      ex bike - probably the guts of an hour - was fcuked after it,
      so obviously heading in the right direction !!!
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Took another rest day on Sunday as out Sat night. Went out this morning for a slow 6-7 miles 49 min.
        Lock and load

Comment

• 1500m swim this evening in 35min

Glorious is the only way to describe it.

Sun, sea, scenery, sand and an abundance of wildlife en-route. Not to mention some quite attractive ladies as training partners.

Life dont get better than this!
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• My new runners arrived, Asics Gel 1120, got them for around €50 on ebay including P&P.

Went for a run with them today and they are very nice to run in, perfectly cushioned and my feet didn't sweat too much.

1.5 miles in 11 mins.

I know I did bad, but I have been much too lazy the last while given that I am working more concerts and matches given the summertime. Am still trying to get in more runs but I can't make any sort of real schedual because I am only told with a day or 2 notice that I am working, the vast majority of my work includes travelling so I lose most of the day to that.
            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Fitness tests over the weekend - by Christ it was hot!
              Push ups - 47
              Sit ups - 44
              3.2km run - 13:06
              10 km march - 71:11

I know I can do better on the last two, but for the amount of training I've been doing I'm happy out.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• improve on last year? Where was the 10k held? in barracks?
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Held in Sarsfield - 22 1/2 mind numbing laps with no shade from what seemed the hottest sun in Ireland. At least I had World War Z on my mp3 player to keep me moving! Did it last year in 81 mins but I don't remember running much, this year was pretty much 1 1/2 laps jogging, 1/2 walking. Maybe I slowed down too much on the walk. Also seriously reconsidering the Commando speed march - a mile more, with heavier kit in a shorter time?? Not bloody likely!

Comment

• Ya but last year was up flagstaff as well remember, over slightly rough ground. Not to mention about 1km more than required!!

I had a great laugh playing cat an mouse with the BPO in the Nissan trying to catch me running! haha. Wore 18kgs that time.

Comment

• That's not reassuring me - I did it last year without unpacking my rucksack and was only 8 minutes slower - the shame! On the other tests, did better in the press ups and the run with minimal training so I'm happy out. Went for a 45 minute run/fast walk with some mates this evening, really loosened up the muscles.

Comment

• Originally posted by concussion View Post
                        On the other tests, did better in the press ups and the run with minimal training so I'm happy out. .
                        Thats what I'm trying to tell people. It only takes 5 min a day to knock out pushups and situps, and before long, you'll be doing 1 a sec for a min no worries

Comment

• Yep, even a minute of each every morning and evening will do it. 5 km runs twice a week with a fast 3.2 km thrown in every fortnight will do-it doesn't take that much to pass these. And having said that, a lot more PNCO's passed them this year.

Comment

• Went for a 3.7km run yesterday evening around the work area
                            after work

Completed in 17 mins 36 secs.

Add in the warmups and warmdowns, etc., and it was a 40 min workout
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Hi all out to day for 11-12 miles again 1hr 30min also 5 x 30 sit ups, 5 x 25 press ups.

Was in lifestyle shop yesterday picked up leaflet regarding 3 road races in Phoenix Park Dublin over the next three months, details are :
                              Sat July 18 10.00am 5 mile
                              Sat Aug 15 10.00am 10 mile
                              Sat Sep 26 10.00am 13 mile(half marathon)

You can log on to dublinmarathon.ie and click on race series, you can enter online. I have entered all three races.
                              Lock and load

Comment

• My flatmate did that last year, he said it was a very good way of building up to long distances.

As an aside, can someone tell me the route for the 10 km march in the Curragh?

Comment

Working...
                                X