No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started running again yesterday 2miles man iv got very unfit on the other hand iv lost 12LBS in 3 weeks better call the guards and report it.LOL
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      passed IT's yesterday Grade 2. cramped on the situps and could only manage the minimum g4, grade 1 on pressups and run.
      Good stuff T
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Here are a few pics of 31 Regt personnel taking part in the recent Cork City Marathon

The above pics are linked from racepix.com. Here are a few more on sportcam.net

http://sportcam.net/CompetitorDetail...No,4346+&Name=
        http://sportcam.net/CompetitorDetail...No,4352+&Name=
        Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• Good to see lads getting out to do a bit and representing their Unit at the same time.

Well done to the lads.

Comment

• 5k road march carrying just under half my body weight (c.40 kgs split between webbing and rucksack in CEMO configuration) in under an hour with the sun belting down. Some decent hills along the way. 8 minutes of a jog at the end with the last 200m sprinted.
            Can only imagine what the people in the local park thought seeing me bomb it home. Amazing what you'll do when you avoid doing work.
            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• I am not totally against protein supplements but they must be used as a protein boost to a normal healthy diet especially after a tough workout (the period of time when protein is most needed).
              I always thought it was sugar or carbs you needed after a workout to replace the lost energy stores
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Isn't the protein to help repair/build muscle?

Comment

• Just did a 5.35 miles/8.62 km run in 50:50 mins in what is probably still 20+ degree heat

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    I always thought it was sugar or carbs you needed after a workout to replace the lost energy stores
                    it is a mix of water, carbo and protein that you need. Water & Yoghurt are excellent although a lot of people prefer protein mixes
                    Last edited by Docman; 3 July 2011, 23:55.

Comment

• Have signed up for the Dublin City Marathon and the 3 races in the series

Been out doing some 5.33 / 6.33 milers the last few weeks...... PB at the first in the series today (5 miles..... 2.5+ mins faster)

Comment

• Hello DOMS, my old friend,
                        You've come to torment me again...
                        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Isn't the protein to help repair/build muscle?
                          Originally posted by Docman View Post
                          it is a mix of water, carbo and protein that you need. Water & Yoghurt are excellent although a lot of people prefer protein mixes
                          Yes protein is used for repairing and re-building.

For a recovery drink its reccomended you get a 3:1 or 2:1 Carb / Protein mix. Idealy with a pinch of glutamine and relevant electrolytes.

If your a bit cash strapped or are hesitant about using supplements you could get away with a cheapo alternative of chocolate milk and a banana.

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
                          Hello DOMS, my old friend,
                          You've come to torment me again...
                          I'd a crippling case of the anti-stairs doms there for about 2 days!
                          Last edited by Duffman; 19 August 2011, 09:29.
                          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            Have signed up for the Dublin City Marathon and the 3 races in the series

Been out doing some 5.33 / 6.33 milers the last few weeks...... PB at the first in the series today (5 miles..... 2.5+ mins faster)
                            Did my longest ever (AFAIK) run today - the 2nd of the series - at the 5 mile point was only 45 secs off my 5 mile PB

Little bit disappointed with my time 96.43, was aiming for 90

Comment

• Did anyone else compete in the DF tiathlon in Mullingar?

Comment

• TMn
                                Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 20 October 2014, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X