No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another update from my battle against all things fitness like. Completed Valentia Half Martathon at the weekend, 2hrs 13.

Happy enough with that seeing as I ended up on the piss on thursday night and sleeping on the floor as I missed the bed.

So for the year now I have a half marathon, a few 5k's a duathlon, and gaelforce north completed. Next years goal is 2 half marathons and a triathlon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Did my longest ever (AFAIK) run today - the 2nd of the series - at the 5 mile point was only 45 secs off my 5 mile PB

Little bit disappointed with my time 96.43, was aiming for 90
      Time for the half-marathon in Phoenix Park - 125 mins was aiming for 120 so happy enough

Comment

Time for the half-marathon in Phoenix Park - 125 mins was aiming for 120 so happy enough
        Congratulations mate! Good effort!

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
          Another update from my battle against all things fitness like. Completed Valentia Half Martathon at the weekend, 2hrs 13.

Happy enough with that seeing as I ended up on the piss on thursday night and sleeping on the floor as I missed the bed.

So for the year now I have a half marathon, a few 5k's a duathlon, and gaelforce north completed. Next years goal is 2 half marathons and a triathlon.
          Good effort geezer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
            Another update from my battle against all things fitness like. Completed Valentia Half Martathon at the weekend, 2hrs 13.

Fair play to ya, Infy....
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Good stuff, Dev...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                Good stuff, Dev...
                Thanks TD.... fulfilled a dream on Monday..... didn't do as well as I wanted but I did it!

Was aiming for 5 hours due to not training for the last 2 months (not a good idea)!

Took 2 sips of the Spar own brand isotonic drink that they were giving out at some of the water stations at mile 9 and felt like getting sick for the rest of the day (never mind the next 17.2 miles). As a result was hardly able to run for a lot of the rest of it.

Pulled something in my calf around mile 18. This meant I had to walk even more.

Started lashing out of the heavens around mile 20 until around 24. A few thousand drowned rats on the streets (including me).

Finished in 5 hours 16 mins...... was just glad it was over but as the minutes go by I know I've achieved something!

I'm doing it again next year!

Comment

• Fair Balls Dev

Comment

• Lads,
                    Does anyone else here use the MapMyRun app? I was using it on an HTC on a run this weekend, but I'm not convinced it's that accurate. Basically, it gave me this printout:

Distance: 11.27km
                    Time: 00:58:54
                    Pace: 5:14min/km
                    Speed: 11.48km/h

But when I've run that route before with the Garmin 401, it reads as a distance of 10.5km. So there's nearly an 800m difference between the two GPS'. I suspect the GPS on my phone to be misleading, but just thought I'd check see if any of you boys had similar problems.

Cheers.

Comment

• I use it, I'd say it fairly accurate but put it this way I wouldn't navigate with it

Comment

• More update on the fitness. Joined an athletics club, would seriously recommend it to anyone. €50 for the year that includes insurance, and 3 coached training sessions a week. Plus a great way of meeting new people who can inspire you to run faster.
                        Was fit for nothing a few weeks ago (8 min/mile) but last night my running pace was comfortably at the 7min/mile mark, happy days.

Comment

• Good stuff, Infy

I'll find out next week if I'm much off the pace myself...

Comment

• I have signed up for the Great Ireland Run 10k in April in Phoenix Park and now run three or four times a week, depending on work. I did it two years ago in the appalling time of one hour 19. I'd be disappointed if I don't do it in under 1hr5mins this year.

I've lost three stone since October by running and not cutting down on carbs and shite.
                            Wish I had done it years ago. It's a life changer.
                            www.twitter.com/mickthehack

Comment

• Fair play keep it up, you will only feel the better for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mick O'Toole View Post
                                I've lost three stone since October by running and not cutting down on carbs and shite.
                                Wish I had done it years ago. It's a life changer.
                                I assume you meant by cutting down on carbs and shite as opposed to not cutting down! Congratulations, thats solid work! Keep us all posted. Having a blog helps as you can get encouragement / berated from board members which is great for motivation.
                                "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Working...
                                X