He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• ITs 2020
      Push ups - grade 4 - not my thing, saving myself and finished with plenty of time left
      Sit Ups - grade 1
      3.2km - grade 2 (among my top 5 fastest runs ever) - delighted

10km - grade 4 (If ground wasn’t as slippery would have pushed more and for a grade 3)

Comment

• DF Physio have a good YouTube channel

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
          DF Physio have a good YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmm...txNj6cEbRx9Bsg
          Wasn't even aware of this resource.... nice one.... and recognise the instructor too....
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            Wasn't even aware of this resource.... nice one.... and recognise the instructor too....
            She is also head of DF Physio (as a civvy)

Comment

• Did a little Muay Thai session this afternoon...I'm a complete novice but it was a good workout. Going to be sore tomorrow...
              'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

• DFPES COVID fitness

Comment

• How’s everyone lockdown fitness going ?

With the amount of alcohol consumed increasing and the amount of people doing “essential exercise within 2km of their home” we will the fittest alcoholics in the world ..... but seriously.

I was on self isolation more or less since the schools closed for 3.5 to 4 weeks. Thankfully mild symptoms for kids and tests came back negative. For those weeks I did 2km run in the well sloped 10 metre the back garden or 15-25 mins Joe Wicks HITT session most days. On 2 occasions 5km in the back garden.

Since we got relative freedom, for 2 weeks I did 4.5km run every 2nd day with a 15-30 mins Joe Wicks HITT session on the other days plus 1 rest day.

This will be my 2nd week of upping the mileage with a 7km run once a week, 2 x 4.5km runs (sometimes a bike ride instead of one of them) and a 15-30 mins joe wicks session on the other days and a rest day.

I got a Garmin watch for Christmas best present ever!

Comment

How’s everyone lockdown fitness going ?

With the amount of alcohol consumed increasing and the amount of people doing “essential exercise within 2km of their home” we will the fittest alcoholics in the world ..... but seriously.

I was on self isolation more or less since the schools closed for 3.5 to 4 weeks. Thankfully mild symptoms for kids and tests came back negative. For those weeks I did 2km run in the well sloped 10 metre the back garden or 15-25 mins Joe Wicks HITT session most days. On 2 occasions 5km in the back garden.

Since we got relative freedom, for 2 weeks I did 4.5km run every 2nd day with a 15-30 mins Joe Wicks HITT session on the other days plus 1 rest day.

This will be my 2nd week of upping the mileage with a 7km run once a week, 2 x 4.5km runs (sometimes a bike ride instead of one of them) and a 15-30 mins joe wicks session on the other days and a rest day.

I got a Garmin watch for Christmas best present ever!
                    I'm trying my best too. Still working thanfully but with no commute and no other committments, getting way more fitness in within the 2km limit.

Which garmin watch did you get? I was considering investing?

Comment

She is also head of DF Physio (as a civvy)
                      Ex RDF NCO I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                        Ex RDF NCO I believe.
                        I thought she was still serving? She made a HUGE contribution to the Body Armour Replacement report. Unique position to be in.An end user getting to report on the Physiological aspects of the kit from a professional standpoint.If we get what was recommended every grunt in the DF owes her a massive thank you.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I’m fortunate to have a nature trail / cycle path / forest path near me with some hilly bits (it is Wales) so I’ve been walking the dog 3 miles a day in about an hour (measured with a Garmain), and a rowing machine for 30 minutes a few times a week. No running, my podiatrist says my feet aren’t up to it (with a blister that turned into an ulcer on the sole of one that’s taken over a year to heal, the opposite ankle permanently in a brace and only four toes on each foot, she’s probably right!). At least I don’t need the walking stick any more (except for show!).
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• I'm also lucky to live a short hop from a nearby amenity walk, options are a loop of 2k, 3K or 5k. With 3 dogs to exercise, none of whom will travel together, we have the routes well marked by now.
                            Problem I have in the current shutdown is my runners are toast, and feet are starting to suffer. (my spare pair are in the office under my desk) I can't do online purchase of trainers. I have to try before I buy.
                            Hopfully shoe shops will reopen soon.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                              I'm trying my best too. Still working thanfully but with no commute and no other committments, getting way more fitness in within the 2km limit.

Which garmin watch did you get? I was considering investing?
                              Was hard the first 4 weeks, home schooling for 2 and just the back garden for exercise

My 30 minute/10km commute is now reduced to 10 mins (checkpoints aren’t normally too bad). Im luck I work in an essential industry and still have a job, i work from home to reduce exposure about 3 x half days a week but they are still full days)

Garmin Forerunner 645 Music (apparently got a great deal on Black Friday), awaiting Bluetooth headphones which means you can play music without phone etc on you. I haven’t used full functionality but there is reviews on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                                I thought she was still serving? She made a HUGE contribution to the Body Armour Replacement report. Unique position to be in.An end user getting to report on the Physiological aspects of the kit from a professional standpoint.If we get what was recommended every grunt in the DF owes her a massive thank you.
                                She is

Comment

Working...
                                X