No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a walk/run yesterday around 5pm (just in sports kit with no weight), have been in a fair bit of pain the last couple of weeks (probably because I stopped fitness training).

Was doing it just to loosen up a bit, wanted to go a bit further than my usual 3 mile route and without any time/distance pressure.

Me and a couple of bottles of wine had been up till around 4am that morning, had a bit of a fry to sober up and then went out for a meal (wasn't able to finish it).

Once I got going was feeling happy enough so just kept going, just put it into map my run (an out & back route):

Distance: approx 10.5 km (approx 6.52 miles)
    Ascent/Descent: 78 metres
    Time: approx 1 hr 20 mins
    Ground: mixture of roads & rocky broken

I don't think I've every done that distance before. Got a fair few pains on around the half way mark and had to do more walking (I'd say mainly due to the rocky terrain).

But extremely happen & not in much pain today!

Comment

• Went for a bit of a run/walk today to loosen up a bit after yesterday.

No warm up/cool down

1.22 miles / 1.97 km, more of less on the flat at handy conversation pace while running - 11.33 mins

Comment

• Well done Dev.
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Wednesday 6th May 2009

Work Run: 3.75km

Time: 18 mins 02 secs

Very windy evening, so a bugger to run in, and I was a bit bushed at the 3/4 mark,
          so eased up a bit to a fast walk for 100m then ran to the finish.

Might have been a bit due to the warmups too...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• It's still good going TD.
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Hillwalk Sunday in the Ballyhouras
              Country walk Monday
              2 mile run Tuesday before parade
              Circuits last night
              Trying to get swimming tonight if possible, do some crosstraining y'know otherwise 2 miler again.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                Very windy evening, so a bugger to run in, and I was a bit bushed at the 3/4 mark,
                so eased up a bit to a fast walk for 100m then ran to the finish.
                Head and face down running into wind

Comment

• Well done lads Keep it up.

Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last while, too much on my mind and on my plate at the Moment. Turn 20 monday, so Who know's I might sort it out on my Bday Pissup!
                  I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Well it seems Birthdays is something we have in common then Dazzler! Have a good one!

I'm just back from football training (as brutal as I am at it) and I feel like I've broken my hand having saved a direct power-shot from 5m away. Feck it though, a save is a save.

Comment

• Well, there I was today, eating my breakfast roll, sat at my desk when it occured to me that my standards are slipping and I hadn't been for a run in a while! About 6 weeks TBH! So I thought "right fatty, get home, runners on, left foot right foot, body will follow!"

Because it's been a while since I last ran, I didn't carry the pack with me so as to avoid injuries.

Surprisingly my time was as follows:
                      Distance: 3.73 miles
                      Time: 28.44

I shaved 4.10 minutes off my run time with a pack on, and I'm getting closer to the 7 minute mile! Now if I can get that time with a weighted daysack on, I'll be a happy chappy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                        Well done lads Keep it up.

Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last while, too much on my mind and on my plate at the Moment. Turn 20 monday, so Who know's I might sort it out on my Bday Pissup!
                        I don't remember when I was 20

Comment

• Distance: 3.73 miles
                          Time: 33.19
                          Press ups: 3x 10
                          Sit ups: 3x 20
                          Squat thrusts: 3x 15
                          Ab crunches: 3x 15
                          Squats: 2x 20

After knackering my knee last week at training, I considered that that might have been as a result of the fact that my body is nowhere near as conditioned to aggressive exercise as it used to be. So with that in mind, and not wanting to injure my knee any further, I went for a light run last night and stretched until I could stretch no more! The knee is still a little tender, but should be fine. With summer camp fast approaching, I'm hoping to condition my body to a standard that I hope won't leave me embarrassed about my level of fitness, or let my section down.

How is everyone else on this threads run times coming on?

Comment

• RICE the knee - rest, ice, compression, elevate

1.21 miles
                            21/5 - 11:00
                            24/5 - 10:28
                            7/6 - 11:20 (half run, half fratleks) after a good workout in gym

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              RICE the knee - rest, ice, compression, elevate
                              Cheers DEV. I haven't put ice to it yet, so I'll try that after my next run. I've managed the rest of it though

Comment

• Good Jobs lads, and S&S, DeV is right take care of the knee!!

I am back running again, but not near as much as I used to. Not going once or twice a week for a 1.5 mile. Will step it up again soon, just waiting for a check to clear so I can get a new pair of running shoes.
                                I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X