Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my shame, I haven't been running for a couple of weeks, with one
    thing and another going on

Need to get my act back in order again.....
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
      With summer camp fast approaching, I'm hoping to condition my body to a standard that I hope won't leave me embarrassed about my level of fitness, or let my section down.

You're gonna be in for a bit of a shock - I'd be surprised if the average reservist could run up a flight of steps let alone be fit enough for tactical training!

As for myself, wen't for my first run in weeks last Monday, 5km in 23:22 and I really suffered - why do I keep forgetting that doing it twice a week will save me this pain :redface:

Also 2x30 sit ups and 47 press-ups
      Heading out for a 3.2 km to see what my time is like.
      "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Seems alot of us took a couple of weeks off then!!!

I just ordered a new pair of runners. My old ones walked out of the house, all by themselves, my brother knows nothing about it. So they should arrive in 3-5 working days and I am back out hitting the pavement hard.
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Went for 5km with a sustained run for 3.2 km - total time around 30 mins including recovery and slow jog/walk home after timed run.

Time - 11.48 for timed run, 3.2 km according to mapmyrun but I'm going to confirm with GPS tomorrow as I don't think I'm that fit!!!!

Comment

• Hi guys good to see so many out trainning. Back running again myself.

Went to day for approx. 6 miles, time 41min.
            Lock and load

Comment

• Talk about putting me to shame - nice time!

Comment

• Bloody hell there are some good run times on here! Some of you boys must be very fit, or lying (only messing). What I'm aiming for is not so much speed, just a good level of fitness and stamina with good recovery (too many breakfast rolls have ruined my chances of an olympic physique). I'll be packing weight again on my next run. Not a lot, just enough to start conditioning my body to carrying CEFO again. I'm playing football tonight, so I might run tomorrow instead.

Keep up the good work boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                  Seems alot of us took a couple of weeks off then....
                  All of a sudden, I don't feel quite so bad anymore....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    Very windy evening, so a bugger to run in
                    Face & head down when running into the wind

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Face & head down when running into the wind
                      So you said already.....

This is a central resource on the board of all training related queries and answers

Comment

• Hi guys been out today again this time for approx. 12-13 miles 1hr 30min. May try and do Dublin Marathon in October. Have done 5 before. Last one in 1993.
                        Lock and load

Comment

• Not in El Capitano's class (marathon, bloody hell !!! ), but went for a trot
                          yesterday - tough going after a couple of weeks away. Managed 16 and a half
                          minutes, but factor in the warmups/warmdowns, and the couple of minutes on
                          the ex bike, and in total, I'd say the exercise session lasted approx 3/4 of an
                          hour....

Comment

• I'm giving serious consideration to the marathon, maybe not running thought, don't have to time to do the amount of training required to run.

Comment

• Rest day today. Will get out tomorrow.
                              Lock and load

Comment

• Hi all was out this morning for approx. 7-8 miles time 56 min.
                                Lock and load

Comment

Working...
                                X