No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, what is the most current TI for the Fitness Tests ? And if anyone has a soft copy of the most current one, could they
    send on - confirm by PM
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Went running friday night to the regular tempo session, couldn't run the length of myself, my shins were on fire! So ditched the runners sat and did 40k on the bike,then did a further 60k on the bike yesterday with a club. 4 or 8 mile run tonight (most likely 4) then rest tomorrow before speed work wed. Hopefully this will all come to fruition in the next few weeks in that i'll be stronger and have quicker recoveries.
      On a side note, recently got a garmin 110 forerunner, savage for tracking routes and giving mile splits. My only question, is it possible to burn off 3700 calories in under 3 hours on a bike? Seems a bit high to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mick O'Toole View Post
        I have signed up for the Great Ireland Run 10k in April in Phoenix Park and now run three or four times a week, depending on work. I did it two years ago in the appalling time of one hour 19. I'd be disappointed if I don't do it in under 1hr5mins this year.

I've lost three stone since October by running and not cutting down on carbs and shite.
        Wish I had done it years ago. It's a life changer.
        How's the regime change going mate?

I'm not at the fittest or strongest that I've ever been, but I have far more endurance mentally than I ever had. Up at 6am this morning for running and the gym... So much for a few beers on leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Napp View Post
          How's the regime change going mate?

I'm not at the fittest or strongest that I've ever been, but I have far more endurance mentally than I ever had. Up at 6am this morning for running and the gym... So much for a few beers on leave!
          Hi, Napp.It's going great. I've now lost 45lbs and for the first time in, I would say, 15 years I am no longer obese, according to that BMI yoke. I wish I had done it years ago, but I suppose there's never a bad time to do the right thing. I've had manflu for a while, so doing my first run tonight in about 10 days. Am strangely looking forward to it.
          www.twitter.com/mickthehack

Comment

• Hard to believe you were obese Mick.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Jesus GF, I most certainly was.

Comment

• Good man Mick, keep up the good work!

Managed 23 mins for a 5k at the weekend, getting there slowly but surely.

Comment

• just back running too. thats good going to shed all the weight!

managed 23 minutes for 4.5 km on sunday, but that was in ardgillan castle in skerries and has a fairly steep climb involved. going to try and do two laps in under 50 this weekend.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Jesus, that's good going! I'm 41 and was fat, so I'll be happy if I can do the 10k in Phoenix Park on April 15 in 65 minutes, although it'll probably be 68. But I'm cool with that. As long as I'm running.

For anyone ho is overweight like I was: there is hope. There are plenty of ways of losing the weight. Weirdly, I took some inspiration from David Norris when he quit the race for the Aras last year. When he made his announcement, he quoted Samuel Beckett, saying: "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

When I was slowly running, that quote went through my head. It still does. I'd tried many times to get rid of it. It was just a question of keeping going, despite the abject failures.
                    Last edited by Mick O'Toole; 21 February 2012, 16:45.

Comment

• I agree with your sentiment Mick. I gave up cigarettes last year after many attempts at giving up, it was a case of keep trying. Am now working on the waistline. Will see you at the Great Ireland run, I estimate coming in around the same time

Comment

• Ah BS last 10k I did with you was sub 60
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          Ah BS last 10k I did with you was sub 60
                          Oops. I misread that.
                          Last edited by Mick O'Toole; 21 February 2012, 18:15.

Comment

• Another wee update. Ran 10k there on Monday night managed 48.35. Speed and interval training ongoing.
                            Last night was 12 x200m with 200m slow jog recoveries, averaged 38 secs/200m.

Last Friday was a bitch of a session, started with 8 mins run with 2 min recovery, then 2x4 min runs with 1 min recovery, then 4x2 with 1 min recovery and finally 4x1 min with recovery dropping from 1min-45secs-30secs-15secs. The session is designed so that your supposed to run faster in each leg, started at a 7.30/mile pace and by the time I got to the 1 min intervals it was 6.28/mile pace.

All this with the club I joined in Jan, I detested running before but really starting to get the benefits of it now. The club want me to enter track meetings to see how I get on, apparently I have good enough track speed. I doubt I'd be good enough but sure I'll give it a lash!

Comment

• Track meeting tonight, should be interesting running the 100m, 400m and might chance the mile. Beauty is its graded so I can throw myself in the slowest group and not look like a tool against the uber fast guys! Will hopefully have times tomorrow.

Comment

• landed late and missed the 100m, managed 66.09 for the 400m. Not great but its a start.

Comment

Working...
                                X