No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed a 22 min tempo last night at 7.20/mile, followed by 2 x 3 mins. 1st one at 6.20 pace then the last was bang on 6 min/mile pace. Well chuffed for a man turning 31 today!

Comment

• Did 7km in 40 min , 30 degrees centigrade and very humid but fairly knackered , Not bad for the wrong side of 55 but trying to get six of home christmas pigging off , it does not get easier.

Comment

• Dirty day for it, but just back from a 5.5km run. No idea what time, had MapMyRun on the phone, but my phone got soaked from the downpour and died. I do know the first 3.2km was in 14:40 minutes, as I'm trying to track my pace for upcoming fitness tests. Did a few circuit exercises on the park gym apparatus too half way around.

Comment

• Well done Swifty. I'm in the process of getting back to fitness for ITs also, but I've been smothering with a cold all this week, so no running done... :(
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Apparently being sore every morning and all through out the day means that the work outs are working. Does not remove the suck factor. One. Bit. Hope the rest of ye are doing well with it. Also, if ye can, get a bike on the bike to work. A nice gucci one for peanuts a week out of the pay packet. With the days getting longer, there's no reason not to. Best purchase I've made. Gets you fit in no time.
            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Pleased as punch I got a decent trot in after 2 weeks without running due to that damn cold
              Combined with the warm ups/downs, a good 1hr 20min workout
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• If you have access to a punch bag and/or a skipping rope I suggest making full use of it. I am reasonably fit at the minute, and I'm still at the point of puking after 2 minutes on the bag. Serious work out.

Comment

• I met Derval O'Rourke when I was running in my local park last week end, wow she was fast & a nice arse as well, bet she said the same about me haha
                  Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
                    If you have access to a punch bag and/or a skipping rope I suggest making full use of it. I am reasonably fit at the minute, and I'm still at the point of puking after 2 minutes on the bag. Serious work out.
                    Yup! Have been doing Krav Maga for a while now and nothing like a few rounds of sparring to get the blood pumping. Some pad work giving it 100% is some serious cardio.

Comment

• Anyone here do hell and back up in bray on sunday or weekend previous? If so howd it go?

10km up and over little sugarloaf over, under and through man made obstacles all the way.

check out www.hellandback.ie

second time doing it, savage crack, savage spandex on the women too. did really well and finished inside top 200
                      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Fair play! My body is broken today, swimming last night again, 350m warm up then 5x100m front crawl pully with paddles on 2 mins, followed by 12x50 front crawl on 1min followed then by 5 x 100m front crawl pull with paddles on 2.05 and a warm down, the heat off my shoulders last night was something else! Running tonight is going to be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                          Anyone here do hell and back up in bray on sunday or weekend previous? If so howd it go?

10km up and over little sugarloaf over, under and through man made obstacles all the way.

check out www.hellandback.ie

second time doing it, savage crack, savage spandex on the women too. did really well and finished inside top 200
                          Im doing the Runamuck challenge on the 9th March. Its like Hell and Back's baby brother as its only 5K with obstacles. Still bloody good fun not to mention wall to wall wet lycra on the females!

Comment

• Update for you lads:

as i mentioned - I finished hellandback on sunday - second time doing it. managed a decent 1hr18mins and finished 200th overall out of 2600 odd runners so well chuffed. signing up for the one in june. 10 of us did it from my RDF unit and all of us managed a sub 1hr45m run with quite a few under 1hr30 and nobody except me had trained specifically for it. hoping to get a 1hr10 in june! the winner did it in 55mins - 12 girls beat me too (". for shame

would absolutely recommend it to everyone here... spandex wall to wall - here let me grab your arse cheeks with both hands... er i mean help you over that wall there. awesome! and in all fairness, some of the women were insanely fit. great spot to pull when queing in the shower line - communal showers too!!!
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Neurofen makes all the bad things go away...

Comment

• For the nights you just can't make it to the gym- these don't fully replace free weights but in a pinch they will do and think of the price of gym member ship etc.
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X