No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found when training for them to go beyond whats required. Instead of wrist to knee go for midway up your forearm to knee or if you really want to push yourself elbow to knee. That way on the day if you get a prick of a PTI who judges them harshly you'll be covered.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• Did 54k on the bike tonight in 1 hr 59. Bishopstown, mac room road up over windy gap back in through coachford onto the straight road and home. Happy out. Did a 14km time trial Tuesday night in 24.23, managed to take 45secs off my previous time in windier conditions.
      I will get fit yet, first triathlon next weekend, should be fun!

Comment

• Did my first sportive today on 3 hours sleep. Almost 120km in under 4:30. Dem hillzzz...
        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• good man, the arse will be sore tonight!

Comment

• I already feel like the small fella sharing the prison cell with the Terry Crews look alike...
            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• it gets easier if you aren't used to it. Did 70k today and hopefully 70-80k tomorrow again, though on a flatter route than today!

Comment

• Did my first triathlon yesterday, aimed for 1hr 30 did it in 1.33 dropped a good 5 mins on the run due to the heat and 2 blisters which appeared rapidly after starting the run. Good craic though!

Comment

• Well after way too little training & being useless at push ups am a happy bunny!!

Part 2 - grades 3, 1 and 4 - grade 3 overall
                  Part 3 - grade 4

Have to say doing part 3 cross country is much harder but the new kit is much more comfortable

Comment

• Well, for an oul "fat loggie" of 43, I didn't do badly in my ITs either recently.
                    Overall Grade 3 in Part 2, and a Grade 2 in Part 3
                    Still in bits today, but that will fade

The memory of having done 15 minute miles while wearing 15kg of kit will linger for
                    a lot longer...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Well after way too little training & being useless at push ups am a happy bunny!!

Part 3 - grade 4

Have to say doing part 3 cross country is much harder but the new kit is much more comfortable
                      Unfortunately just 9 seconds off grade 2 in part 2 (on run) and 61 secs off grade 3 in part 3

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Well after way too little training & being useless at push ups am a happy bunny!!

Part 3 - grade 4

As I said way too little training in the lead up to this (just a few walks), did a bit of work on push ups that was it (doing a few sets about 3 times a week). By the way I'm in the 2nd age bracket.

I put it down to a friend putting me onto an app called "My Fitness Pal", put in how much weight you want to gain/lose/maintain and track your food intake (it isn't that hard once you get used to it). I tracked it practically everyday for 40 days and did a few 4km lunch time walks.

My weight went from 80 kg to 74 kg (reducing my BMI from 26 (overweight) to 24 (normal)).

I still had way to many takeaways and sweets.

Comment

• That's what I like to see - people getting out and doing something about their fitness.

Comment

• Well done lads...
                            managed to get my first ever grade one last year.
                            got tests coming up in June for this year.... deffo nowhere near grade one, so back at the start :(
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                              Well done lads...
                              managed to get my first ever grade one last year.
                              got tests coming up in June for this year.... deffo nowhere near grade one, so back at the start :(
                              Good man. Have you made much use of the qualification you got last summer since returning to your unit?
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                Good man. Have you made much use of the qualification you got last summer since returning to your unit?
                                honestly? once or twice - truth of the matter is that with 3 or 4 ptes parading, there aint much call for it.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X