X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    My normal flatish park run today was replaced by Operation Transformation 5k in Phoenix Park (1 steep hill) which I walked the steepest bit of.

27:32

my PB at Parkrun remains 26:49 from 2016, I’m now able to consistently get within a minute of it (haven't been able to do that since probably 2016) …. It’s getting beaten this year
    Well done Dev !!!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    My normal flatish park run today was replaced by Operation Transformation 5k in Phoenix Park (1 steep hill) which I walked the steepest bit of.

27:32

my PB at Parkrun remains 26:49 from 2016, I’m now able to consistently get within a minute of it (haven't been able to do that since probably 2016) …. It’s getting beaten this year
    Last edited by DeV; 17 February 2024, 14:28.

Leave a comment:

• Flamingo
    replied
    Dublin City Marathon…. No where near the time I wanted

but 20 mins better than 12 years ago
    Well done that man!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Dublin City Marathon…. No where near the time I wanted

but 20 mins better than 12 years ago

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Nice one! Five of us went in together and three of them were on second-hand numbers. Enjoyed it!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Did the Half Marathon in the Park; 2h 19. great fun but legs tired and creaking a bit since. 8000 entrants!
    Well done!

was a perfect day for a run, good crowd too

Day didn’t go well for me - up early, no coffee, EarPods acting up, phone acting up but 2:09 all the same (my 2011 time was 2:05)

only 6,136 actually started (so lots with €35 to burn)

going from the Marathon last year and the chat online there seems to be thousands who sign up for these and then just sell the number
    Last edited by DeV; 25 September 2023, 10:30.

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Did the Half Marathon in the Park; 2h 19. great fun but legs tired and creaking a bit since. 8000 entrants!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Well done

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Well done! Did my first 10 mile/16 km last Sunday in prep for the Half Marathon in the Park on the 23rd of September. 1 h 47 so 6.2 mins/km. Bit sore afterwards but enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Frank Duffy 10 mile race in Phoenix Park today - 104.10 mins

time from 2011 was 96.43 mins

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Thats fantastic Dev.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    So Dev’s 7 week marathon training break (doing my own think) lasted about 4-5 weeks with not being able to do a lot.

weeks 6 & 7 of the break I’m repeating the weeks 9 & 10 of the plan

so 10 miles today (still having to stop and walk every now and then), not a nice day in my neck of the woods

And I believe what is a PB (not sure how but I’ll take it)

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    I've been back getting some KM's in running, finding it hard to cut the time down though. My last 5KM was in 30:36, so about 6min a km pace. Aiming to get three runs in a week, and 3 sessions on an Assault Bike (because I really hate myself :D), and some strength sessions too. Found Garmin Connect and Strava have been great tools to track everything though. Good luck with the training DeV

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

Best of luck. Have you run one before?
    cheers

Yeah 2011

Everything was going amazing until around 5 miles… 1 sip of an Spar own brand isotonic drink (they were being given out) and wanted to get sick with every step the rest of the way

we won’t talk about the time but I completed it

nothing new on race day

Leave a comment:

• Auldsod
    replied
    So Dev got a place in the Dublin City Marathon this morning, having missed out in the lottery.

I’m already, 10 weeks into this 22 week (advanced)training programme:

There’s a good bit of run walk run but I’ll get there

I’m doing the plan over 29 weeks, I’ll have 7 weeks of doing my own thing as I started early.
    might be a couple of weeks where I need to stretch it out due to other commitments etc

I'm also doing the 10 mile and half marathon

aiming for 4 hours (plan a)
    Best of luck. Have you run one before?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X