No announcement yet.

How to prepare for a Wstrn Bde PNCO's Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

static I don't think you'd find the screed online. And I wouldn't post anything military on this or any board, I have no idea who you are, sorry. Have a chat with one of your NCO's in your unit I'm sure one of them would give you a copy.

Comment

I be in most field nights so if you need any info i could try and get some for you. The 19th were on that exercise with us and they seemed a sound enough bunch of people to work with, some/most were a bit lazy as we filled the most of their sand bags for them but sure ya get that no matter where you are. Best of luck with it anyway.

Comment

I knew this would happen . . . there's always one.

Bringing wet gear on tactics IS bollocks, and the poncho is brought for bivving only.

I'm not going to spend an hour explaining why, or debating any more of my pointers, all of which I leaned both as a student and instructor on numerous courses since '87.

Must knows, should knows, could knows, and K.I.S.S.

At the end of the day its up to ICUN, and perhaps its better to learn from making mistakes.

So . . . . . bring your wet gear.

Comment

Never liked gettin wet myself.. My course insisted that we carry it whether we needed it or not..If we didnt have it then we were "Issued" with the horrible old style green oulskins..with the seive around the waist?
          They weigh a ton and are impossible to move in once you get wet...and they squeak when you run..tactically useless!
          We got stormed on...took 2 days for everyones gear to dry out..

The PDF exercise in the summer showed the non raingear policies there to be a sham.
          Over 30 taken off the mountain with hypothermia...most took to wearing the NBC suit as soon as everything else was soaked..
          Thats my 2 cents..

I repeat though..You Pack it, You carry it!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads.

re: the wet gear debate!

Having worn wet gear on many occasions over my normal uniform, after a day in that stuff you are as wet from sweat as you probably would have been from the rain. Also, its very hard...almost impossible....to run in so in a tactical excercise, I dont think i will be wearing it. However, it is useful if you are on the range or something so if its on the list I will bring it. Of course, if you are "camping out" for 48 hours and not doing anything wet gear would be ok but then again, we arent the boy scouts and dont "camp out". If we are out on the ground I imagine it would be in some tactical training situation with patrols, stand to etc where you might have to react quickly and wet gear would prhibit this and reduce effectiveness.

Regarding TESS gear, I heard its a c*nt to try to get it organised especially if its for an FCA unit, the PDF apparently dont trust us with it (?) I also totally agree that it is not important for learning tactics. However, I think it would be a worthwhile addition in assessing your performance in, for example, a 48 hour excercise. if you are putting the tactiocs into use and you are already supposed to know the drills then it would be handy to see if you would get your section killed or pull off some slick flanking manouever or something

Comment

During the exercise in the summer, it pissed rain for the 1st 2 days of the exercise itself. We (our platoon) got soaked while out carrying out or task on the tuesday morning. We had our rain gear in our webbing but or glourious leader did not allow us to get into it and as a result 2 people had to be taken off the mountain. I will admitt I was one of these people ( I also sprained my ankle. swelled up like a balloon) taken off the mountain and the PDF medic asked why we hadnt our wet gear 'and split her side laughing when we told her why.
              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Yes there,
                got word last night im on the course as well, as far as i know its one weekend training a month in finner up to the course dont know the dates yet,
                see ya there!!

Comment

well done on getting on the course 24 Inf Boy.....I am guessing you are in A Coy?

Comment

Yip A Coy sure ya should know who it is i sent ya the exercise photos!!

Comment

Ah right....I know you now!

Comment

any word on whos running the pots in the east? and what are they like?
                        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Same as always TIM the TwentyWorst (Sorry I mean 21bn) are running it along with their usual share of Psychotic 2Bn and 5Bn instructors/ Interrogators/ torturers.
                          aswell as the 20th lending some half decent CPl's into the show.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

WOHOOO!!!! Bring em on!!!
                            physco's a plenty... guns and no one to hear you scream...sweet!!!
                            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X