Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running the whole thing Danno?

I hiked it myself.

I think there's an Art O'Neill thread somewhere, I'll post some tips there.

Comment

Wonder if the postal strike dispute will reduce the numbers participating in the An Cos 10k, Oct 5th is the cutoff deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Wonder if the postal strike dispute will reduce the numbers participating in the An Cos 10k, Oct 5th is the cutoff deadline.
        Possibly, was wondering why an expected order has failed to be delivered to my home address to date, then I spot the fact that the posties are striking in the mail sorting centres
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Posties are not striking. People who maintain the sorting machines are striking. Without them posties can't work.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Wonder how long it takes to train up a few new guys to maintain the equipment, I feel a business opportunity in thr making

Comment

By all accounts the An Cos 10k was a slick event last week. Seemingly there did not seem to be any entries from any of the civvies in the DoD ( some of the civvies were involved in the organising which was a credit to all). Maybe next year a few of them will get to participate.

Comment

Is entry open to the civvies any more?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Yes, the entry form on defence magazine.ie clearly refers to DoD. Some prison warders went in the guest category and produced the winner and placers.

Comment

plenty of prison warders in the DF already.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Here, lads, is there any interesting races or challenges going on over christmas?

Comment

ucd mile Xmas day , 40 foot swim Xmas day , Orienteering Three Rock Stephens Day , Haulbowline 28 Dec

there are loads ...
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          ucd mile Xmas day , 40 foot swim Xmas day , Orienteering Three Rock Stephens Day , Haulbowline 28 Dec

there are loads ...
                          Sounds like the perfect christmas to me!
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
                            Here, lads, is there any interesting races or challenges going on over christmas?
                            yes, if i can't tragically find myself a duty that requires my presence on the Devils Day, i shall grit my teeth and try not to sell my children for bonded labour or meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
                              GOAL Mile (for the aforementioned charity), at multiple locations, on Christmas Day
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                ucd mile Xmas day, 40 foot swim Xmas day, Orienteering Three Rock Stephens Day, Haulbowline 28 Dec

there are loads ...
                                ****. I've never done a normal, enjoyable orienteering meet before. What's the general standard? I'd be keen!

Also, what's on in haulbowline? Can't see anything specific on the googler! Could use a good reason to visit Cork.

Comment

Working...
                                X