No announcement yet.

training Speed Marching with weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

group of us from 27Bn and from the 7bn 2cav did it last year, was my second time doing it. wish something similar was organised over here though, plenty of places to hold it...
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
      I last did the Spean Bridge run in 2006 and there were loads of lads from RDF there. I'm going this saturday. Should be a good laugh!
      Who is running that event now. It kind of fell by the wayside for a while after it was discovered that the guy organising it lied about his service.

Comment

hundreds running it last year from many different units from what I could see! was as busy as when i did it back in 2011/2012
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

The best part about last year's event was that 2 CAV Sqn won the International category

Comment

yeah well, we prepared the night before in the pub so it was no surprise!

Comment

currently im runnning with and without the weight in runners and combats, both on the flat and hills and ive found boots just pile up extra minutes, but never thought about NOT lacing them up all the way so will try that. backpack i have is berghaus crusader. I just need to change my approach to the training so am soaking up the opinions, cheers lads.
              Did you ever sort out your boot situation?What are you using these days for BPT?
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I ended up doing the run in my barrack boots as they were the most broken in, stuck in a new pair of insoles when i was training, tried the non lace up method but it didnt make much difference. some of the lads wore the haix and found them quite comfortable for the run. the berghaus crusader was good, buf the smaller the backpack the better if you can get a good one that straps down well with decent hip straps then use it. considering jacking the whole thing in at the minute, so on the fence about boots, as in whether to get black ones and stay in or get comfy civvy brown ones and sling my hook. no recruits and no tac training lately, its all about shooting teams BS.
                Last edited by morpheus; 10 March 2017, 10:38.

Comment

Hold out on the brown boots.If the DF goes brown than there are multiple boot types now available in MoD brown.One of them might suit.A few guys i know are wearing brown going on the ground already.
                  Madness wearing Haix OP boots for speed marching/Part 3 etc.They are waaaaaaaaay too heavy.Not to mention the lacing system is shite. You want a light(ish) boot that has good ankle support but one that also has a decent sole so you don't feel every pebble if going off road.A good lacing system helps too.What barrack boots are you using?The current Vipers,the old Amazons or god forbid the 24B's?? I find the Vipers the best I have used so far for BPT in terms of issue boots
                  My knee and my shins are f***ed up from my earlier days doing BPT in 24B's and thanks to the old Part 3 with the bergen,so is my back!
                  Last edited by apod; 10 March 2017, 16:55.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

If it helps, here's another vote for the Alt berg Seeker -remarkably good at getting a fat, deluded, sweating pig around the route...

Comment

I wore the newer vipers, they were good for this

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                        I wore the newer vipers, they were good for this

Comment

MOD: Please explain the above post or else it will be treated as a one word post and removed.

Comment

Lads, surely there's some fans of the Vipers View on Russia Today? RT has it's own presenter from Castletown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGP8UWmZCY&

To bring this on topic, if you're gonna speed march get yourself stretching those hip flexors, regardless of footwear. It'll allow your abs to take some strain off you back.

Comment

I dont know about others here, but personally this was lost on me, I dont really bother watching RT. Mr higgins doesn't seem funny to me, but each to his own. however to get back on topic, i'm well aware of physical preparation, was just interested in people's choices of boot as was looking to pick up a new pair. Got excited when I saw a reference to vipers. alas.
                              Last edited by morpheus; 30 May 2017, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                RDF members have done it before
                                .... and won their category....
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X