Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UniSol
    replied
    Recently picked myself up a pair of Salomon-Quest 4D Forces after my Meindel Army Pro's gave up the ghost. The difference in weight is incredible and they are a very comfortable boot. There are lighter boots on the market but after reading the reviews and been for a few runs in them they're worth a mention.

Just my 2 cents worth

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    RDF members have done it before
    .... and won their category....

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    I dont know about others here, but personally this was lost on me, I dont really bother watching RT. Mr higgins doesn't seem funny to me, but each to his own. however to get back on topic, i'm well aware of physical preparation, was just interested in people's choices of boot as was looking to pick up a new pair. Got excited when I saw a reference to vipers. alas.
    Last edited by morpheus; 30 May 2017, 09:57.

Leave a comment:

• barrybadrinah
    replied
    Lads, surely there's some fans of the Vipers View on Russia Today? RT has it's own presenter from Castletown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGP8UWmZCY&

To bring this on topic, if you're gonna speed march get yourself stretching those hip flexors, regardless of footwear. It'll allow your abs to take some strain off you back.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    MOD: Please explain the above post or else it will be treated as a one word post and removed.

Leave a comment:

• barrybadrinah
    replied
    Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    I wore the newer vipers, they were good for this

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    I wore the newer vipers, they were good for this

Leave a comment:

• ropebag
    replied
    If it helps, here's another vote for the Alt berg Seeker -remarkably good at getting a fat, deluded, sweating pig around the route...

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Hold out on the brown boots.If the DF goes brown than there are multiple boot types now available in MoD brown.One of them might suit.A few guys i know are wearing brown going on the ground already.
    Madness wearing Haix OP boots for speed marching/Part 3 etc.They are waaaaaaaaay too heavy.Not to mention the lacing system is shite. You want a light(ish) boot that has good ankle support but one that also has a decent sole so you don't feel every pebble if going off road.A good lacing system helps too.What barrack boots are you using?The current Vipers,the old Amazons or god forbid the 24B's?? I find the Vipers the best I have used so far for BPT in terms of issue boots
    My knee and my shins are f***ed up from my earlier days doing BPT in 24B's and thanks to the old Part 3 with the bergen,so is my back!
    Last edited by apod; 10 March 2017, 16:55.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    I ended up doing the run in my barrack boots as they were the most broken in, stuck in a new pair of insoles when i was training, tried the non lace up method but it didnt make much difference. some of the lads wore the haix and found them quite comfortable for the run. the berghaus crusader was good, buf the smaller the backpack the better if you can get a good one that straps down well with decent hip straps then use it. considering jacking the whole thing in at the minute, so on the fence about boots, as in whether to get black ones and stay in or get comfy civvy brown ones and sling my hook. no recruits and no tac training lately, its all about shooting teams BS.
    Last edited by morpheus; 10 March 2017, 10:38.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    currently im runnning with and without the weight in runners and combats, both on the flat and hills and ive found boots just pile up extra minutes, but never thought about NOT lacing them up all the way so will try that. backpack i have is berghaus crusader. I just need to change my approach to the training so am soaking up the opinions, cheers lads.
    Did you ever sort out your boot situation?What are you using these days for BPT?

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    yeah well, we prepared the night before in the pub so it was no surprise!

Leave a comment:

• Pegasus
    replied
    The best part about last year's event was that 2 CAV Sqn won the International category

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    hundreds running it last year from many different units from what I could see! was as busy as when i did it back in 2011/2012

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster View Post
    I last did the Spean Bridge run in 2006 and there were loads of lads from RDF there. I'm going this saturday. Should be a good laugh!
    Who is running that event now. It kind of fell by the wayside for a while after it was discovered that the guy organising it lied about his service.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X