Potential NCO Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docman View Post
    Personally, I believe the competence of some students leaves a lot to be desired.
    Never a truer word said. I have come across so many new corporals who quite frankly didn't have a clue what they were doing.

Some were too immature to be nco's and some just didn't care.
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

In addition I bet you will find that Dir Reserve OKed the course as conducted

really. So you can say that D Res can explain to DCOS SP that 2/3 of the pNCOs are doing the fitness tests but 1/3 got a bye ?
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I'm a big fan of the sbde btc (granted some i don't like and one in particular i detest) and their courses. been on three now. I've also been on the same camps as the last two pots courses they ran. The standard they require are high and to be honest i don't see it as being anyone elses fault but the students going on the course and their units failing to prepare them for it.
        I see it as a fact that the standards for those wanting to be nco's has jumped. Not enormously. They were always that high. But now instead of being handed stripes from a lucky bag as you left camp on the last day of the course and having to learn the finer points of being an nco after. You now have to know most of it before going on the course and iron out the creases with the carefull help of the btc.

As a result i've started taking our potentials aside in my own time to help better prepare them for the course. I'm hoping that better prepared students will perform better on the course. (fingers crossed)
        Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
        Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
        do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Prob already know the answer to this but has anyone here heard if they got the southern bde pots cse ??
          first w/end is not far off , just curious my own units heard nothing about who got places .
          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
            Prob already know the answer to this but has anyone here heard if they got the southern bde pots cse ??
            first w/end is not far off , just curious my own units heard nothing about who got places .
            For some reason, the closing date for applications was extended into February. Not sure why because it seems that everyone and their Granny is applying. That new closing date expired a week or 2 ago and the names are due out any day now. The usual seems to apply this year again - anyone who had their name submitted by their unit is on the course (rumours of up to 100 students). Not a real problem as very few will actually make it through to FTT.
            Last edited by Docman; 13 February 2009, 22:12.

Comment

Yeah, fitness test again will be the great leveller
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
              X