2004 W.B.RDF P.N.C.O Course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 W.B.RDF P.N.C.O Course.

Heard the course was recently run in the west just wondering how it went? Any feedback on it, thinking of doing the course next year if im lucky enough! Just wondering what i'd be in for

How long was it?

The East's was a Prelim Weekend, MOI Week, Tactics Weekend, 2 Weeks Tactics
    Total = 25 days

Comment

dunno how it went this year
      i did it a couple of years ago in castlebar - was pretty good.

did a few prelim weekends with my own bn
      and 2 weeks there. did lots of marching, lessons, lectures, 2 days tactics (on actual course) tests on everything. nothing too bad it was very enjoyable

Comment

The one at easter was great. Most class room stuff was done in the first two-three days leaving the rest of the two weeks to tactics. It was unreal, very very hard, which is what you need. A lot of square bashing twice a day.

The NCOS were top class. It was how the course should be using all available time on the ground. It is easy to do class work at anytime at home or at weekends.

Of course finishing at 9 the rest of the night was spent studying. very intense.

I found out a little more about myself, how much more I was capable of pushing myself.

Well done 19th and 24th bn. :D :D
        for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

Didn't the last E Bde Pots Cse make use of distance learning? Notes on each
          module were given out on computer disk, to be reviewed in the student's
          own time. Only drawback I can see to this is access to a PC.
          Apparently, hard copies were given out where this was the case.
          I'm thinking of an article on same I read in An Cosantoir a while ago...
          think it could have been the Pots that TIM was on? Think 21 Inf Bn ran it...
          Any comments from individuals (students/instructors) on that course as to how
          effective that was...?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I think there was already a thread on that.Check search. I know it hasnt come in, in the west yet.
            for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

Except a lot of the people on the courses, hadn't taken much time to read, let alone learn the info on the disk.

Comment

Working...
              X