No announcement yet.

New Training Regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But at least you have been working & having fun with the unit you are to merge with.

Comment

No it was pretty boring. Their idea of fun was all the senior NCO's going to play Volleyball for and hour after dinner and the rest going to the pub.
      During the day they didnt do much either. It was realistically like 70% fun 10% work. 20% doing nothing.
      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Spider,

They have a representative that sporadically stops by our classes in the region and checks on the training. You never know when they are coming - they just come in and sit at the visitors table and report on the class.

The certification process is done every two to three years. Representatives from the Active school (where the training materials originate) come to the school, watch the testing, talk to the instructors and make sure that we are doing what we are supposed to be. If we're not - we lose accreditation (SP?). Not sure what happens then. I haven't been there when they have done this but next year is tour recertification year so we'll see how it goes.

Also, if an instructor fails his PT test - he is not eligible to instruct - one of our senior instructors was just unable to pass his test and so we were down an instructor this year. He became a very disgruntled support bitch. He is supposed to be doing his PT test this month (again) - we'll see if he's sorted himself out.
        There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

"No it was pretty boring. Their idea of fun was all the senior NCO's going to play Volleyball for and hour after dinner and the rest going to the pub.
          During the day they didnt do much either. It was realistically like 70% fun 10% work. 20% doing nothing."

Joker, I'm genuinely shocked. Who would have thought annual training in your unit would concentrate more on getting pissed than on getting trained.

I thought I was the one sucking bitter lemons and pissing cynicism?

Territorial Army, here I come. Eventually when Rod & Serpent gives me the low down.
          Take these men and women for your example.
          Like them, remember that posterity can only
          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
          possession of those who have the
          courage to defend it.
          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Yeah but at least now that we have hit a new low all we can do is go up!

Comment

Joker

Optimism. I remember that. It can only get better, eh? Gone as low as you can go, eh? Just remember one thing.

Underneath you, the digging continues.:-patriot:
              courage to defend it.
              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

What are you talking about?

The level of training is good, very good infact. I was simply refering to the lax atmosphere on camp. You have been gone from the FCA for how long now? Would I be right in saying about 3 years?

Things have changed....

Comment

Two years. And feel free to PM me how things have changed.
                  courage to defend it.

Comment

Increased involvement in PDF exercises, multi-unit exercises like 7Bn's FIBUA in Fort Davis, imporved access to equipment & materials for those going courses......
                    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Ok heres a brief outline without going into too much detail.

Our lads have gone on joint tactical exercises with the PDF LSB.
                      Our lads are now doing duties in Bricins such as Wardsmaster and ambulance attendant.
                      Better training from numerous Doctors, Nurses, DFB and ex-PDF LSB medics.
                      Better training from the EBTC eg the new general TAM.
                      Wider range of training eg Singars etc.
                      Medical instructors courses run by the Med school....

Now, do you want me to continue?

Obviously alot has changed over two years, if you were still in you would have known that....

Good luck with the TA

Comment

I didnt PM you those details because I felt that people had a right to know sice the discussion was help in open forum.

Comment

this would be proper training http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/2929.html Royal Marine Reserves!!!
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

By whos standards. The training you receive should all depend on the type of mission you are going to undertake.

Comment

It's proper training because marines are cool
                              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Joker

I stand corrected.
                                courage to defend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X